Plant In A Nursery First?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jan 23, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been a long time since I planted any seed in a nursery first before transplanting them later. All the work wasn't worth it IMO. Normally [these days] I plant the seeds direct[ly] in the garden and dispense with all the extra labor.

How do you go guys do you stuff? Plant seeds in nurseries first? Buy seedlings?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any luck when planting seedlings in a nursery. I like to buy plants from the garden center at Lowe's that are in the very early stages of growth and less expensive. Then I plant them in my garden. I am planning on doing a herb garden from seedlings hopefully I'll have better success.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually do a mixture of planting outside and starting inside the house. Some seeds start very easily, like tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers. I usually start some of these in the house, and then move them outside into the garden when the weather warms up.
    I also like to get started plants from Lowes or Walmart.
    When they start closing out the gardening sections in July, I usually get more of the larger started plants.
    One of the things that I really like about Lowes is that they always have some plants on closeout.