Plastic Surgery Addiction

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 1, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, so recently I caught an episode of a documentary on the channel, TLC, wherein this woman was "addicted to having her breasts...enhanced"...

By this, what she meant was that she had increased the size of her breasts so much so that she is now at a triple L size, and what's more, she just got in touch with another plastic surgeon who is going to allow her to further increase them to a TRIPLE Q!!! Yes, I just said it...Q...Q...Q!!!

Now, I've heard some women complain about the hassle of dealing with "double D's", so I don't even want to stretch my brain capacity to that extent that I'd have to think about he undue stress that this woman has placed her back and her body overall, under, as a result of her addiction.

She has also gotten butt implants, and installed an internal corset (meaning that she has had her abdominal muscles sewn so that her wais will always be small)...

I'm not sure about you, but I know that I am highly uncomfortable with plastic surgery overall, and I only believe in surgery that is done as a corrective measure, for example, for those persons that have been in unfortunate accidents, or grew up with a birth defect.

SO, what's your take on it? How far is too far?!

plastic surgery.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think those that are addicted to plastic surgery have more serious problem than being not contented with a specific appearance in their face. And that's more of a mental one. So it should be addressed first before the surgery is performed. If it could be resolved by a psychologist and/or a psychiatrist, that mental problem, then it's greatly possible that he wouldn't be addicted anymore to plastic surgery. The important thing is to resolve the problem by resolving the root cause, by focusing there and not just give in and give in.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Plastic surgery has become cheaper and places offer loans to encourage people to have the surgery so the boom has spread to the masses. I have friends who have had procedures, and it's their choice, but always advised against it. There are side effects, but despite everything people want a quick fix and unfortunately it is their own lesson to learn.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me a plastic surgery should be made due to health reasons, but in fact there are people that are crazy about them and that are doing them all the time. We have several famous examples, but what is the point here, it seems like social insanity to me!

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my view plastic surgery is an invaluable tool if if the appearance of a person has been disfigured to such an extent that s/he has difficulty living with it. There are so many diseases that can cause bodily changes that are often irreversible, not to mention accidents in which parts of the body have been badly damaged or destroyed.
    But who am I to judge? "Disfigurement" is a concept that everyone interprets differently. To some, small breasts are a disfigurement.