Plato's Closet Opinions

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by blurinoctober • Nov 27, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Plato's Closet markets itself as a great place to buy trendy clothes for up to 70% off. It's geared towards young adults/late teens. Do you guys shop there ever? If so, do you think it lives up to what it says?

I had one about 30 minutes from where I used to live and I loved going shopping there. It was a little bit more pricey than GoodWill tended to be, but I also had a tendency to find more things I liked (be it for work or personal use). Have you had any similar experiences or do you prefer to go elsewhere?

2. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    I have been really wanting to go to one, but still haven't gotten around to it. Actually, I planned to sell some of my clothes there but ended up donating them instead. I'm somewhat hesitant to go because I'm afraid I'll end up spending more money just because everything is cheaper. Perhaps I like to have more control over my shopping. For example, I like to go clothes shopping when I know there is a sale, with coupons in hand and with the knowledge of what I want to buy. Do you find it's overwhelming at Plato's with all the different clothes and the cheap prices?

3. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Where I live, we have Plato's Closet and Daisy Exchange. I have been to both and can say Plato's Closet has my vote hands down. The employees were so friendly, unlike other resale shops I have been to. I actually went in to sell some items and they gave me more money that Daisy Exchange ever thought about. I ended up finding a lot of items I wanted to buy! If you plan on selling your items there, like for instance an old Coach purse, they do require that you have a receipt of they are not able to make you an offer. Happy Shopping!

4. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    It's about the same level of overwhelming as it is for me to go to Goodwill or something similar, just with different items. I tend to find a lot of clothes at PC and crafting materials and such at GW. I have a mentality with both places where I'll set a money limit of how much I allow myself to spend. If I go over this amount, it's usually only by about $2.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    We have a similar store called Clothes Mentor. It has women's clothes and accessories. It's the same idea behind PC, but it's targeted at woman over 20. I've found a lot of good deals at both stores. This time of year they run specials, and have a nice clearance sale after New Years.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I've found that it really depends on the location. In one city I was visiting, I fell in love with the place! It was amazing and I got all sorts of deals on great clothes. Then I moved to a city that actually had one so I was super excited. It sucked, though. Because it's all about used clothing, I guess you sort of have to rely on the local community to have style in the first place *and* be willing to get rid of it before it falls apart.

7. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I've only been in Plato's closet once. I wasn't very impressed. Mostly because I can find their prices on the clearance racks in the mall. I guess it's not as important to me to have a name brand, as good quality and a great price. I will go to normal thrift stores any day over Plato's Closet.