Playing older games.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by prettycolors • Mar 27, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I made a habit of not buying games on release day, in fact, I wait a few good months or years in some cases before I buy the games I want to play. I find games expensive for the value they deliver and most times the price drops so fast that I see no point in paying extra money for the privilege of playing on release day. True, I play mostly single player games so I understand why people pay full price for the multiplayer ones.

What about you. Do you buy games on release day or wait for the price to drop?

2. Quaestor

QuaestorMember

Threads:
    I almost always wait for the price to drop, I have so many games bought that even if I bought games on release, I wouldn't get around to playing them for months or years anyway.

What you say is true about multiplayer games, you definitely miss out on a lot of good games if you don't buy on or near release as by the time you get around to playing it everyone else has either moved on or are so much better than you that it isn't fun to play.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy special games on release, but it takes a while for these new games to go on sale. I'll probably give into buying a something I really want to play. Only a few big releases I look forward too during the year, so I do buy games at full price some of the time.

4. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy on the release day, I usually buy after the prices are dropped and just to make sure that the game is worth buying. I don't want to buy new games that i'm not sure if its worth it so
    I usually wait and ask around regarding their gaming experience.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy games on release. They're too expensive in my opinion. Buying games a year or a few months later is my route when it comes to shopping for games, I mean, sure you're late, but keep in mind that the next installment of the game won't come until the next year or so. Just a few days ago I went to my local game store and I bought Mass Effect Trilogy for less than $20, it would've cost me an extra $30 or so if I bought on release. And I also wait for the reviews first before I go out and buy one.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    What I do is give it two months after the game has been released then I can play it. By then people would have played it and wrote reviews about the game. I can now comfortably buy a game knowing that it is worth my money. Waiting for years is quite hard for me as I am a hardcore gaming fan so two months will be bearable enough for me.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this as well. I never saw much point in getting to play a game just as it's released, unless it were a really good one that deserves such recognition like GTA. I usually just ignore everything and just look through what titles are currently cheap when I'm already in the mood to shop. I do this mostly just as preference, though, as I don't really feel it to be too impractical to buy games immediately, since I could easily just sell them after I've played through it anyway, but I find it a bit tiring having to keep up with new titles, so I just mostly ignore them all until I feel the need to shop for new games.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't normally buy games on release day ever, but I am thinking of buying Devil's Third by Valhalla Games on the release day because I want to show support for Tomonobu Itagaki who left Team Ninja because he was cheated out of bonuses and pay that he was promised. Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden won't be the same without him.
    Then Devil's Third got picked up by THQ and THQ got shut down. Fortunately Nintendo picked up Devil's Third and Bayonetta 2, so I want to show my support by buying those 2 games on release day.
    When the media reports sales numbers for a game, they are counting new games ,not used, so on this rare occasion I'm voting with my wallet.