Playstation 4

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by tasha • Feb 3, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I find that the play station is now reaching the end of its tether as the prices are going ridiculously high and the games are getting unaffordable. To be on playstation you have to have a mortgage just to pay for the dam games it is crazy and we should say no to playstation 5 when that comes out.Parents unite and stand together to stop the increase in the price of this object that has caused kids to forget we have a sun!

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Well you could simply just not buy your kids a playstation 4 if you think that their prices are ridiculous. You can't really do anything that will force them to lower their prices unless you hold a high position in Sony. I do agree with you that prices of the latest gaming consoles are becoming too high which is why I only buy second hand consoles.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The prices are absolutely ridiculous. Even with the console having been out for quite some time now, the prices have not really dropped too much, and it would almost be like buying the new out console now, even though it has been a long time since it was released. The games are not only not affordable, but they are not even that diverse or desirable, making the console itself obsolete.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It is pretty ridiculous but to be fair, games now take a lot more and are a lot higher in quality so it's still a little bit understandable for me personally. I myself have not bought the new consoles because I'm waiting for the prices to drop. I'm sticking with ps3 and I'm still enjoying myself, and also I did the same with that console as well. I waited a long time before getting one and by the time I got into it the console and the game prices were already a lot less expensive. I bought my console at around $300 and I believe if I bought it at release date I would have paid double that.

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    the games for the old playstations are also hard to find now so if you don't have the new one then you know you have to prepare to get it but we have told our son that it is absolutely impossible to get that one and the fee for online gaming for the year is a no no. it also gives us a headache because the internet here is bad and when he is online nobody else can be!

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some sites you can buy pre-owned PS4 consoles at relatively low prices but PS3 would be a better choice now because prices are as low as $150.

I have a friend who bought a PS3 console recently and his kid thoroughly enjoys himself. There are lots of free games for PS3 which you can find on the net so you won't have to spend any money on games if you don't want to.

7. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh that is great news because I was beginning to panic about the ps4 prices. I am going to take a look online for games that are free too

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that's what I was going to say. The price never went down on the latest iteration. I guess we'll stick with our old PS3 that we bought when it went on sale. It was a gift for the kids to share. It wasn't quite as bad, since it counted as gifts for more than one person.

It is harder to find games for older systems, but we managed to find some of the ones our daughter wanted. We even got some that were new on eBay for Christmas.

I cannot afford to "keep up with the joneses," especially when it comes to console gaming. Honestly, I don't think I would if I could.

9. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Yes the manufacturers always raise the prices because they're always in demand. I think the prices are ridiculous plus you have to purchase the games that are always $60. At least you can use the consoles for watching movies though, so it acts as a DVD player. That's a plus I guess.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:

The games are always sixty dollars plus if you buy games. A lot of people just download games and burn them to a compatible disc, don't forget lol. I don't blame those people either, with how stupid the prices are. I just use my smartphone for watching movies. It has a screen sharing feature, where it recognizes closeby smart tv's and if you select the option it will show whatever you are watching on your phone on that smart tv.