Plus size clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sweetkymom • Jun 23, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Which store, in your opinion, has the best stylish plus size clothes for cheap? I usually shop around to get the best deal but Old Navy is my favorite store. The clothes fit my body the best. I really like their outlet stores because of the cheaper prices.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Ashley Stewart is okay but I like TJ Maxx or Ross. Problem is that some TJM don't have a women's section and some Ross stores are dirty-looking. That leaves Marshall's but their selection can be a little conservative compared to the other two.

I'm in L.A. and there were once some stores on 3rd Street that catered to sizes 14 and up. The clothes were cool and well-priced. One thing about shopping at Lane Bryant is that one could be certain that they would see the same outfit on someone at work, the mall or the club. Booo!

3. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Old Navy has some really cute clothes, but they're cheaply made and fall apart all too soon. I prefer buying better quality clothes, even if I wind up paying a little more and get fewer items. I buy good slacks, button-down shirts, and dresses (Macy's, Nordstrom's, and Land's End are my favorites) and then dress them up or down with accessories so that I can make the same basic outfit work for lots of different occasions.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have always appreciated that Fashion Bug has their styles in regular and plus on the same floor although a wall usually separates it. I have never understood why a size 2 dress cannot simply be made with extra material into a size 24. The dress can be the same but only larger. I am so sick of seeing cute tiny little dresses with new and fun ideas and then walking over to the plus size section and seeing some sort of flowery polyester top with a huge bow sitting in the middle of the chest - as if a plus size female needs to draw attention to that area! Fashion Bug seems to be my favorite. But I am going to check out these other options that were mentioned. I don't think I've ever looked into Old Navy.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Avenue is good for business work clothes. Torrid is good for the young and fashionable. I do know some older women who shop at Torrid, but it's for the younger crowd.

Many established clothing lines carry plus size clothing, but don't advertise it. Ann Taylor sells plus size clothes. Macy's INC International Concepts sell very stylish plus sized clothes. Forever 21 even has some plus size clothing.

6. soulite

souliteNew Member

Threads:
    Debs is a good store. They have a lot of really nice, really cheap clothing. Also they usually always have some sort of sale or special going on that makes their prices even lower.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to update my post: Simple be is a great fashion magazine that I just found! It has items from size 8 to 28 and there is NO PRICE DIFFERENCE! That being said, the prices are a little high. But at certain times of the month they have 15 to 40% discount on their clothing items. Some of the things are so pretty you won't need to shop elsewhere for the mediocre clothes with the polyester bow on our chest! :)

8. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite store for "bigger" sizes is Maurice's. They have stylish clothes to fit any body type. I am right on the border of "normal size" and "plus size" (I put quotes around them because I believe everybody is beautiful and don't believe in labels) so I like to shop there for all the different options. I also like JC Penney, its probably my favorite department store. Old Navy is okay but a lot of their jeans do not fit right and their shirts are too plain for me.

I ordered my swimsuit from swimsuitsforall.com this year. The specialize in plus-size swimsuits and I have been very impressed with it so far. It's cute, was a low price, and still has a sweet/sexy appeal without revealing too much. I highly suggest them if you're in the market for a swimsuit!