Plus Size/full Figure Problems And Tips & Tricks?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by keytcee • May 7, 2015.

1. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I guess this isn't a new topic to anyone but I just wanna bring this up again. Any full figured woman would know that shopping is such a hassle especially if all you see are clothes that claim that "one size fits all" which we all know is impossible. I know that there are a lot of stores out there that sell bigger sizes or have plus size sections like Forever 21 but what if you're on a tight budget? Where would you go to buy clothes for less and that will actually fit you as well?

Share your problems and experiences here and maybe you can also leave some tips and tricks for shopping for plus sized clothes or fashion advices you can give that would help full figured women.

2. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    My biggest problem for the longest time was I was still trying to squeeze myself in a large or x large when I should have been trying on 1&2X sizes. I have learned you have to accept your size and realize that buying clothes that are too small for you are a waste of money no matter how good of a deal. Once you accept your body and learn to love it shopping and dressing yourself will become more fun. When you look in the mirror after trying on something that fits perfect is the best feeling. I personally shop many different stores, but I have gotten some great clearance deals at Lane Bryant recently. Their clothing seems to be made better than other cheaper plus size brands. They can be pricey but if you shop right you can score some great deals.

3. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I have always had trouble with getting tops that were big enough to go over my chest without being too big everywhere else.My best tip would be to buy too big and then alter it yourself, it is what I do now, I have lost weight so struggle even more to find tops to fit my boobs.

4. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    A cinched waist is a girls best friend. A wide elastic belt can work wonders for shirts that just don't seem to hang right. Sometimes you can find really good deals on shirts that are a few sizes too big and then put a belt with it. That's my go to.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I like about shopping at Nordstrom Rack is that they tell you if something is true to size, runs large or small. They have been fairly accurate, as I have learned Calvin Klein and English Laundry run very small. I was once pretty large, then lost a lot quickly and have gained some but trying to find my balance. Right now, I'm a 2x but would like to stay at XL/1x since I'm naturally curvy and tall.

6. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    That's a good call, I will try that when I have lost some more weight, thank you :) just don't wanna do it now as I look like what my mum used to call "a bag of rags tied in the middle" (I am short waisted) But definitely a good call for when I am skinnier!

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My problem is when I am in between sizes. I find that I have about 3 sizes of clothes. It is my dream to just be in one size. But some things are too tight, and then the next size up is too big. So I either have a muffin top or I have saggy drawers. Its very frustrating but I just can't seem to shave it down. As I get older it gets harder and harder to loose those extra pounds. I know this is nothing new but still; this was the area to vent so I am! lol

8. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I seem to have problems with finding both tops and bottoms

I have learned to feel out what kind of tops that will fit me, its usually a 1X but sometimes a large if it runs big. But since my boobs haven't stopped growing I won't hold my breath that it will stay that way.

Bottoms are kind of a nightmare because I have a small waist, but very big hips, thighs, and behind; so it becomes a catch 22. I always have to end up getting something that fits my hips but is much too big for my waist. That is why elestic and belts are my best friends.