Poison to get rid of mice

Discussion in Product Reviews started by latasha • Jun 30, 2014.

1. latasha

latashaNew Member

Threads:
    There is a poison called just one bite, it, s sold at the feed store. It comes in a hard block with 4 bars, you break it in pieces and put around for the mice to chew on, then they go outside and that, s the end of them.you only need little pieces, I broke it up with a hammer and put it in small plastic sandwich bags and put it around.try the feed store where they sell hay, the farmers use this to keep mice away from the feed for their animals.also steel wool works great to plug holes.

#1Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That's good advice just make sure you put it in a place where your pets ( if you have any) won't get to them. I use to live in wooded area and from time to time you would see a rat outside and I would get freaked out. I was amazed they never got in the house. I still should have been putting down some poison to be extra caution yet I have two dogs and they eat everything so maybe it was just as well that I never put anything down.

3. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    Me and my dad had a massive rat and mice problem. When we poisened them we would have to rip open walls to pull them out because of the stench, it was horrible.

In turn we decided to just gang up on them, my dad is deathly afraid of rats and mice. Anyways, we got a crap load of rat traps, and put all kind of normal goodies we would eat onto the traps. I could sit there with one trap and collect mice after mice, poor things looked like mickey mouse!

Sometimes you might have to make a hole in your roof to stuff one up there.

LIONZFIRE

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Mice pose a big problem in our homestead. They have been eating
    stored food and can even damage documents. We had tried poisoning with
    various chemicals but they somehow detect it. I think the best
    solution to get rid of mice is to embed a cyanide tablet or cassava
    root inside a cake and wait for them to eat it. Otherwise, the best
    approach is to maintain clean surroundings and store food in closed
    cabinets with good aeration.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't suggest anyone to use poision to control rats and mice. Use a mouse trap instead. It will not only save you money but is also safe to use. Once you buy a trap, you don't have to spend more money to get rid of mice. However, if you use poison, you will have to buy again and again until you get rid of mice. Furthermore, what if the poison you left for the mice is mistakenly taken by your pets or children?

6. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    Sometimes the only way to stop or kill is to use poison, as they can easily avoid traps, some poisons are pretty effective and efficient.

7. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    Just be sure to put these blocks outdoors. I know someone who had rats in their attic. What happens is the rats or mice eat from the block, go out to find water since they have been poisoned, and die. Well, the rats never made it out of the attic, died, and left a wonderful aroma behind....NOT.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to buy the black powder poison to eradicate the rats outside our home. It is very effective when used with a bait like dried fish or cooked meat. Pour the powder on the bait and place it on a paper plate near the habitat of the rats. But for the mice inside the home, we use the non-toxic pellets. Like the rat poison, we also use a bait so the mice will be quickly eradicated. So far, our home, interior and exterior are free of rodents for several years now.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Unlike you we have a white power poison that it's relatively the same as the one you described, quite effecting and works very fast.

10. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot bear the thought of hurting a little mouse by mousetraps or poison. The best thing to do is get a cat and then the mice will smell it and not visit your house. I've never been plagued by mice so perhaps I'm being a bit over dramatic but I'm a huge animal lover and don't like to think of them suffering.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    We have a problem with rats here, and the City Hall is distributing free rat poison to every house. People pay nothing for this poison, they accept it and sign for it but people are not using it and this made the rat's population grow in our city.
    I'm ashamed of this situation and I hope that the local officials will take care of this problem.

12. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    From experience and would advice against using poison of any sort to kill mice or any other pest in the house because of the risks involved in using such. For example, if one happens to have kids, toddlers or pet at home, there is a good chance that such kids or pet might go eat what's not meant for them (the poison) which may result to death if not found out early and handled on time.

There are better ways of getting ride to mice at home without putting anyone at risk of poisonous exposure. The use of mice/rat gum trap is the best. This trap comes in several shapes, square, rectangular, circle etc. All you need is set such trap at the movement route you are aware those mice or rats use to follow.

Immediately any of them steps across such trap, even if it is just one of their legs, their body hair, the mice will be stucked in the trap until you come and kill it and remove the dead mice and still set up the trap again for another catch.

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you don;t want your cats and dogs to eat poison, Make the poison something rodents will like and other pets will hate. Cats and dogs don't like sweet stuff and mice loves sweets and nuts.

Mix peanut butter and honey with your poison. Cats and dogs hates them while rodents drives them nuts.

14. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have problems with mice right now because I have three playful cats who loves to roam around the dark corners of the house and they'd easily chase them away. In the past though, they've done a lot of damage to our clothes and food items and we really had to resort to using poison to get rid of them. It's quite dangerous to allow rats to roam the house as they can cause a number of diseases including Weil's disease or leptospirosis which can be fatal.

There are two common ways to administer poison to rodents. One is by luring them to eat poisonous pellets. Another is to spread tracking powder on their usual path. When they step on the powder and lick on their feet or fur to clean themselves, they'll ingest the poison. If the rodent infestation is severe, you may need professional help to effectively eradicate them.

15. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that any rat poison can be more efficient than a natural enemy of the rat, but that one calls for a master with mighty nerves.
    The rats, like any other small rodents, hate snakes. So, in case that you have a rat infestation, hire a constrictor. It doesn't have to be extremely big or dangerous but it will scare the hell out of any rat in a 20-meter radius of its habitat.Snakes usually have a little bigger area of 'coverage' than only 20 meters, so take care of your crawler and keep it away from the traffic. And nervous neighbors. LOL

16. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have used it and i can vouch for it's quality, i was having a lot of problems with one single mice that always evaded my traps, and after using one bite, i got rid of it fairly quickly.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is a tough one, because I am definintely someone who needs to have the peace of mind that they would be gone from my home, but at the same time poison for anything just seems a little harsh.

18. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    Yes,its a good way of killing dangerous mice who may spoil our expensive things.But one should be careful of spreading poison because our baby may put it in his mouth.This is a little tough to kill mice,but we have to do this to make our important and expensive things safer.

19. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Although I don't have this kind of problem I still don't like to use poison for pest control because I have lots of pets at home. There are other ways of getting rid of rodent. Like what I did, I adopted a cat. That is my way of controlling the pest population. It is safe and effective and you can have a cuddle afterward.

20. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using Racumin tracking powder. It is very effective. It is very handy to prepare. The rats who happened to feed by it become dehydrated and would forcibly to find water to drink. They usually found dead outside particularly at the canal. It is very affordable.

racumin.