Polaroid Smart Devices

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Dec 29, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm thinking of getting a Polaroid smartphone or tablet because I just saw a few on display and they were very cheap. I think one of the smartphones was priced at around just a hundred dollars and since Polaroid is a relatively well known brand, I think they should be dependable enough as compared to generic or Chinese brand smartphones. Anyone here who has had any experience with this brand? I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're probably better off going for the Chinese brands instead. Chinese smartphone manufacturers have bumped their quality up noticeably in recent years, as noted with the Xiaomi flagship devices and the OnePlus One and soon to be OnePlus Two. You'll spend around $300 to $400 for a phone that sports the specs of most $700 to $800 smartphones. Polaroid's not exactly a trusted brand in smartphones and tablets, and their devices are somewhat outdated in features, specs, and software.