Pop, Juice, or Kool-Aid

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TuRon Davis • Aug 31, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    When I eat dinner, I usually choose water to be sure I'm staying hydrated. However when I do decide to drink a flavored beverage, I usually prefer soda. It something about the carbonation that makes it good for lunch or dinner. When I eat breakfast, I prefer juice instead. That would be rare though because I tend to skip breakfast quite often. As far as Kool-Aid, I haven't drank it in quite sometime. When I was young, that's all I drank. What beverage do you prefer to have with your meal?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We drink all of these, depending on what we have. Kool Aid is definitely our end of the month beverage that we drink when we're out of money because it's like 20 cents a packet and sometimes that's all I can afford to spend on a beverage. I like to make iced tea because the box of 100 ct teabags at Walmart is $1, so between that and the sugar, it averages out to 25 cents a pitcher.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely drink pop, only if I am out and there is nothing else to drink. It is refreshing during summer, but I know it's not that healthy. I prefer juice or plain water. My latest favorite is pomegranate juice or apple and blackcurrant. I used to always love a glass of wine with my meals, but now it is only when I have company.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to drink just water, but sometimes I buy soda or energy drink to complement my meals. I used to drink juice too but we don't buy that anymore. Come to think of it, it's been a while since I drank powdered juice, I just occasionally buy the bottled ones, so I guess I would buy one when I get to the supermarket. I like the 4 Seasons flavor.

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    It is generally thought that drinking water 30 minutes before or after you eat is beneficial. However, if we drink while we eat, it can break down some of the bodies process of digestion. That being said, none of us want to choke on our food so I usually have a small glass of water sitting there. But my drink of choice although I don't do it often is a glass of red wine.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked Kool-Aid. I think it's because I can really taste the high fructose corn syrup. I usually drink non-caffeinated soda with meals or water. With breakfast, I drink orange juice.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I drink any of these with a meal, they all taste great to me. I do have a preference for freshly squeezed juice or lemonade though. Nothing can compare to the taste of a cold lemonadeade exactly the way you like it. The only real downside of this is that it takes a bit more effort to make, which is next to nothing to be totally honest, but some people don't like that. So, if I have any fruit at home I will make juice, if I don't I'll drink whatever's available at the moment.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kool Aid doesn't have corn syrup. It's just an envelope of sour powdered drink mix until you add your own sugar and I've never added corn syrup to mine. Heck, you could add Splenda or Truvia to your packet of Kool Aid powder if that's what you're into. Nowadays they even make mango, peach and pineapple Kool Aid flavors with Spanish writing on the package.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's also a pre-made pouch. Maybe it's the artificial flavor then because it just tastes really fake to me.

10. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I buy all three of these for my family. We drink whatever strikes us when we have a thirst. I'm more of a pop person but my kids are more of a juice drinker. I keep drinks stocked up as it seems we drink more then we eat. I have a stockpile of drinks.

11. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I really drink pops is when I am traveling. I am more of a tea person and my husband is a Kool Aid person so we have to buy both. I barely drink water because I have to have some type of flavor in my drink. If I just drink plain water it gives me a headache.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Out of the three, kool aid is probably the healthiest until you add your sweetener. Not that it's healthy in any sense of the word, before or after lol. I used to drink a lot of iced tea, but haven't in years now. but of the three, they're all awful for you.. I would rather flavour my water if I want something different and my wild side drinks a little coffee every day lol.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just drink water, but if I were to indulge anyway I'd just pick sodas because I think that gives much more satisfaction, at least to me. Juices often contain just as much sugar so I think to myself that if I'm going to indulge in sugar anyway then I'd just go for the to one in my opinion which is a fizzy drink. The carbonation adds so much more to the experience.