Pop-Up Tents

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Rick321 • Sep 23, 2014.

1. Rick321

Rick321New Member

Threads:
    I thought I would find some better reviews and information online when researching pop-up tents, but didn't find a lot of useful information. Hope this thread will become a place where people can get some first-hand feedback.

First, I am referring to the type of tent canopies used at trade shows, festivals, flea markets etc. The most common size is 10' X 10'. There are a lot of junk ones out there for $100 or less up to $150. I didn't even bother with them, but maybe somebody has some good experiences with an el cheapo that is durable enough to withstand some light usage. I also didn't want to pay the $500 - $800 for a commercial-grade E-Z Up.

With that in mind, I settled on a pop-up tent from ShelterLogic. The Pro-Series straight Leg model retails for $219.99. I found it on sale at Camping World and the price plus shipping was around $206. That was the best I could find. There are multiple sources that all have the products drop-shipped from the factory so do a quick search for the model number (color) you want and buy from whoever will get it delivered to you the cheapest.

The tent is much more sturdy than the flimsy ones that are cheaper and stood up to some windy days just fine the two times I got to use it so far. It says you need two people to set it up, but I did just fine doing it myself in about ten minutes. They have an Alumi-Max model with a 2" aluminum frame for $459.99. Anybody have experience with this one? Is it worth the extra price?

I need a couple more pop-up canopy tents and I'm sure many others will appreciate it if you share your experiences on which ones are worth the money and which ones aren't durable enough to be worth it.