Pop ups Issue

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Nikkishea21 • Dec 27, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I got my high speed internet today and believe me when i say that i am the happiest woman on my avenue right now!

It is however strange as i find that when i was using my previous internet i did not encounter this many pop ups. I have my antivirus installed and i do not know if the speed is the factor which results in this problem that i am having. They can be annoying and i am use to this, but i am still thankful though for being able to go fast fast.
    :)
    Anyone out there can give me a quick fix with these pop ups? It would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    One possible issue.... (warning, this may be slightly technical).

Your new ISP might be using a different DNS server from what you were using before. This DNS server may have been "poisoned" with erroneous information that's leading to popups occurring when navigating to certain sites. It's somewhat unlikely, especially if you are with a larger ISP.

If you're using Chrome or Firefox as your browser, you can try installing AdBlock as an extension. It blocks the vast majority of popups and ads on most sites.