Portable media players?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by daimashin • Jan 10, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Which brand on the market now that has the most reliable and supports the most format? Portable media player as in those you plug into the tv via hdmi to watch mkv, mp4, mp3 files, and etc. What are your experiences with these players, can they run native 1080p without problems like lagging or stuttering?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I think both Sony and Samsung media players offers variety supports of music and movies. They're both expensive, but I personally think Sony is less expensive than Samsung media players because most of the Sony media players aren't touch screen. Plus, I think media players made by the Korean brand are more on the expensive side. Both Sony and Samsung media players will allow you go play mp4 and mp3.

3. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Obviously the iPod is a thing, and it's a quality product. I've heard really good things about the SanDisk MP3 player, I believe some of them can even play FLAC, which iPods can't.

4. jriley

jrileyNew Member

Threads:
    The ones samsung make are just like a phone without the phone function. You have wifi so you can surf the net too.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it's also Sony and Samsung, but maybe there are also cheaper alternatives like the unbranded China-made ones? You know the Chinese have almost everything copied nowadays.