Portions size

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • May 2, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just today at lunch the girl serving the food at the cafeteria was new and she served me a really small portion. I asked her if she was new here and she was upset. I didn't care and just asked her for more food as usual! Has this happened to you? Would you say something or just walk along with the plate?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If it is a new employee, they were probably just recently trained and may have been told that that is the correct portion. You could always ask a manager what the exact amounts are per meal to get an idea of what you should be getting. Just because some of the other employees may have been heavy handed with the servings doesn't mean they should all be doing that at all times.

I've noticed this at Chipotle, some times they will put a huge mountain of meat on the burrito and other times they are really skimpy with it. If I had to guess, for the price, the skimpier portions were probably the "correct" ones but not all the employees were serving things consistently. The ones they pile the chicken on, for example, have so much meat that it's nearly the equivalent of like three chicken thighs.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I actually had a same experience when I was pregnant. I was a regular at that restaurant and they always give me a full plate with the same price because I was pregnant. But one day I was served by a new girl and the portion was way too small but with a same price. I was so very upset because I was hungry. I didn't ask for more because I was embarrassed then.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure, but she was arrogant. I asked for more and she answered it's the usual portion, so who's she kidding, I have lunch there everyday and she tells me that the usual portion? It's surely not!!