Posting Format for deals

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by scottyxx • Mar 30, 2012.

1. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Deals and offers that are not worldwide offers should be posted stating the country they are available to in the title.

Such as

US Only: Awesome deal at Walmart

UK Only: Buy one get one free at Tesco

Or separate every form in US, UK and Canada.

This makes the content more relevant for everyone, and makes the forum a lot easier to browse.

2. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    This is a great idea. I wish I would have thought about that before posting my two new threads. In the future, I am going to do that. We tend to live in our own little world and think everyone else lives there, too. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I think that's a great idea - perhaps admin could put a sticky at the top of each board as a reminder. Yesterday, I saw what I thought was a great Facebook freebie, but it was only available in the USA. It would save time which could be used to make other posts if we could see from the title if the deal was applicable in our home countries.

4. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I agree, this is a great idea. Helps to instantly know if the post is worth reading because if your in UK and the deal is US only. Kind of pointless for YOU! lol.

5. Kina

KinaMember

Threads:
    This only works if the deal lets you know specifically. Like I have no clue where one company will ship or not. For example if I see a great deal at Newegg.com, I will post it, but Newegg does not ship to alot of places. They do not tell me that because I live in the US, but if someone from Canada logs in then the site will let them know, they do not ship to Canada or it will redirect them to their Canadian site etc....

So do not put the OP on blast if they posted something that they did not know was regional, and did not mention it.

6. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I think the OP should at least post their country. So if I am posting for Canada, I would put Canada: in the title. But people are free to see if it ships elsewhere. Chances are if you are finding a good deal in the US, its not going to be available anywhere else, unless the site says something like free international delivery.

Its up to the poster to post accurate and correct information. If you order it from the US, you should put US in your title, and not just assume everyone is American.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Admin, I'm not sure what's available for your particular forum software. There are various plugins that let you put a specific tag before the title, though. It'd be really helpful to have something like that so people can pick the US-only tag for example, and it'll color code the button before the person's title so all the posts are streamlined.

If you're not sure what I mean, I can find a sample to show you. :)

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I should have thought about this before posting:( What would be the best place to post this information, the thread title or in the post itself?

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would think it'd be better in the title. That way, those from the UK know not to bother clicking the ones that are specifically listed as being for Canada, for example. It makes the site easier to use for everyone.

10. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    How about we do titles like this:
    [UK] Free Chocolate!
    [US] Free Chocolate!
    [CA] Free Chocolate!
    [W] Free Chocolate! (Worldwide)

Also, I think the bit in the square brackets should be a different colour for each country. For example, UK could be green, US could be red ect.