Potato Pocket

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by MindyT • Oct 10, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Today, I saw a new advertisement for a product called Potato Pocket. It looks awesome! It says it helps cook the perfect baked potato in the microwave. Plus, it cooks corn on the cob and heats up bread without hardening it. Does this sound too good to be true?
    In our house, we eat baked potatoes all the time! If this new "pocket" helps them cook better and faster, I am all for it. In the commercial, it did not describe how it works, but that it cooks the potatoes in 4 minutes. That they are cooked perfect every time. Then it added that the pocket can cook corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, and heat up bread.
    Does anyone have one? Do they work? They were cheap, only $10 for two of them. Should I try one?

2. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    I've never seen that commercial. Does it make the skin close to cooking in an Oven? I just do not like Microwave potatoes.
    I just coat my potatoes with oil and salt and place on an oven rack!!! An hour later - Nice tasty skin!!

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I do not remember the commercial saying that the potatoes come out like oven-cooked potatoes. That's a great question. The commercial did say the potato comes out perfect every time. They said the skins are moist, and the potatoes are evenly cooked to the perfect consistency.
    I also love potatoes cooked in the oven. They are so yummy. Sometimes, I do not have the time or patience to wait an hour for them to cook in the oven. If there is a quicker way to cook them in the microwave especially at lunchtime, I would love it!

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen the potato pocket yet but two for $10 doesn't seem like it would be a bad idea to give them a try. I prefer the oven baked version but to make a baked potato in the microwave without a pocket is easy enough that I think I would use the pocket to warm bread more often instead.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Wow, that sounds great! I love baked potatoes and I also like to get French bread and warm it up but also gets hards on some places. So I would love to get one of these was it an on tv deal or can I get it at like walmart?

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, I believe it is only a product you can purchase on TV. I don't know if it is in Walmart or other stores yet. Man, I am so tempted to try it. I know that sometimes CVS carries a lot of As Seen on TV products. They are on their shelves throughout the year. If anyone tries the product, I definitely want to know their thoughts and opinions.

7. deeclutter11

deeclutter11New Member

Threads:
    My friend got one of these for Christmas and HATES it. She said her potatoes don't cook evenly no matter how many times she has tried different methods. She said the corn made a huge mess in her microwave and the bread was harder than before putting it in the bag. Although I have never tried this I don't plan to after her nightmare.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never really had that much of a problem microwaving potatoes in the first place - just prick them with a fork and microwave them for a few minutes. The only thing I run into from time to time, is the bottom of the potato becomes tough and chewy. However I don't see how these things would really solve that.

9. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I just saw a commercial for the Potato Pocket and I love to cook so I was interested in the product without a doubt. Now I'm not so sure after reading deeclutter11's post regarding her friends experience with the product. Depending on what I'm cooking I generally bake potatoes in the oven also unless I'm broiling something and my oven's not available, then I'll use my microwave. I don't think this is a product that I would want to purchase now though.