Powder make-up Vs Liquid make-up

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Tellyv • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I don't wear make-up often but when I do I would like it to look at natural and smooth as possible. Which make-up gives that natural smooth look, powder or liquid? :cool:

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a powder girl as I like a matte finish, rather than a dewy one. With so much choice, powders can have a creamy texture and can be easier to blend and to carry around for touch ups. I use a concealer and mix it with a moisturiser if I need more coverage. Powders are more versatile and less messy than liquids that can go off much faster, plus powders have refillscsonit can be cheaper too.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want a smoother, silkier finish, then choose liquid makeup over powdered make-up. The au naturel look can be achieved if you stick to applying liquid foundation, nude or translucent lip gloss and a thin layer of eyeliner. Powdered make-up, as mentioned, provides creamier results but you run the risk of having an uneven surface.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I use liquid makeup because I think it's easier. I have never had a powdered makeup that I like but it is possible that I've never had a good kind before. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I also don't wear make up especially foundations because I have acne. However, when I do, I prefer the liquid ones. They are much easier to apply. Just get a brush and apply the foundation. :) Make sure that it's non-comodogenic though.

6. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually use both -- at the same time. I have extremely dry skin on my face, so first I have to moisturize and then use my liquid makeup and then use the powder to blend and give it a finished look. I cannot use the powder on its own because it will exacerbate my dry skin and cause it to flake and become very visible on my cheekbones. I can use cream foundation from time to time but it can be hard for me to find a shade that works and one that is not too oily.