Power line vs generator

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Dec 16, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have what is called a 'carriage house' where the carriage was kept but I'm using it for storage. I would like very much to make use of it by creating a work space for my hobbies. The problem is I had to have the power line removed because it was a fire hazard so there is no power any more. To replace the power line would probably be expensive so I'm trying to think of an alternate method - maybe a generator. I understand some use gasoline to generate power. I'm just trying to compare costs involved between the two.

Does any one have any experience with its use? Pros, cons? Are they loud? If so, did any one complain about it?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's still more advisable to use a power line that to use a generator. When you use a generator, you'd have to spend more on gas which is more expensive as compared with the power line. Also, there is more hassle in using the generator than the power line because if you want a constant source of electricity, you'd have to constantly fill the gas in the generator to keep it going.