Preferred payment method

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Mar 29, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What do you use to pay for the things you buy online? Paypal? Western Union? BillMeLater? A direct bank transferal?

My favorite way of paying is and will always be PayPal! It's safe to use and you can always start disputes whenever you're not satisfied with your purchase.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It really depends on the website I'm shopping on. If it has a facility to store my card details for future purchases, I pay by debit card. However, if I have to input my card details every time I visit the site, I use PayPal. I always use PayPal for Ebay purchases, just in case anything should go wrong.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal whenever possible. I really do not like entering credit or debit card numbers into the internet anymore. I also like the fact that there is a dispute resoultion process within PayPal. I have only had to use it once and that was many years ago. It was nice to have them help resolve the problem and get my money back.

4. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I perfer to use Paypal when I can. I like the fact that I do not need to type in my credit number into the sites that accept Paypal. The only downside is that a lot of sites do not accept Paypal. Amazon is one that I wish would start accepting payments, but since they have the Amazonpayments work from home pay system, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I tend to get the Visa cards that you can add money to in order to pay on there. This way I am not typing in my actual credit card number.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the website for me too. I use PayPal to pay for internet related activities such as buying domains and paying for web hosting. Otherwise, I use my a prepaid gift card/debit card for other online purchases except those made on Amazon. I trust Amazon enough to use my actual credit card.

6. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I use paypal or my credit card if its secure site. I dont have the time to sign up with those other accounts places.

7. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite payment processor is Paypal, absolutely! I always use it, and I will keep using it for buying among the Internet. In my opinion, it's the safest way to order thanks to the possibility of starting disputes :D

8. mbc221

mbc221New Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal for all the purchases I can. For those that I can't like Amazon, I use a gift Visa card. PayPal is definitely the way to go for secure payments, and gift cards are another. Never had a problem otherwise.

MBC

9. Budget Diva

Budget DivaNew Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal, at sites that accept it. I wish Amazon accepted Paypal, too. What is the Amazon work from home thing? I have not heard of it before. Is it the Amazon Turk thing?

10. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    Definitely PayPal. The only thing that I buy online that I don't use my PayPal account for, and usually end up using a credit card for is textbooks for college. I hate using my credit card!

11. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I definitely prefer using Paypal. I don't personally have a bank card, so it seems like the easiest way to pay for things because I make money online that gets deposited into my Paypal account.

12. MegaZx

MegaZxNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to pay with Paypal but on sites like Amazon, I just use their gift card system. I wish Amazon allowed people to purchase items with Paypal though. That would help both websites in my opinion. I make money online and normally deposit it into my Paypal account, even if it is a little at a time. After a while it does build up and I can get something that I want!

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Seems like a lot of us use PayPal! I wonder how much money they make out of all the fees they charge :p Their buyer protection and the fact that you can buy something without having to give your credit card info out to who knows who make it the best of its kind.

14. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I usually like paypal when possible, because I buy things from both in the UK and Canada, and paypal doesn't charge me for converting currency. I also do not like giving out my card details willy nilly to people, so paypal is always my first choice!

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really, really, really hate PayPal fees. Even so, I would much rather use it for paying online than any other method. It's simple and secure compared to other options.

16. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I only use PayPal. It is safe and it is easy to handle anything that might come up. I also want to share a tip, I used to shop from an online store that didn't have paypal and I mailed them and asked them to add it. They did so after a week or so. So if you have a favorite store that doesn't have paypal, you can ask, too. Sometimes they just neglect to add it.

17. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I only use PayPal.com for online purchases. I am wary about giving my card details online. If a site does not have the ability to receive funds via PayPal.com, I will not buy from them. Luckily, thus far, I have not needed to make such a decision. Yes, they have fees but I feel that any good service can, so long as it is fair. And in the finance world...the rules are anything but fair.

Nonetheless, PayPal.com all the way for me...for now.

18. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal. Safe, secure and reliable.

19. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking the same thing. Almost everybody uses paypal nowadays. It's the most used payment processor all over the Internet. I wish I knew how much money they make from fees and currency converting! Does anybody know where is settled down paypal ?

20. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the site I'm buying from. But my three mostly used payment methods are Paypal, BillMeLater and my trusty old debit card. I mostly use Paypal when I'm shopping at ebay or Amazon. BML is used when I want to spend a bit more on various online sites. And I don't use my debit card unless it's to a site that I know I can trust and is reliable.