Preordering games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Strykstar • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you ever preorder games?
    Games don't really sell out anymore since most of the sales are digital, so I don't see much point in preordering anymore.
    There are sometimes some bonuses from doing it but those are usually not worth the risk that maybe the game won't be as good as you think.

2. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't see the point in it actually. I mean sure you get to have some bonuses and you can be sure that you're not going to ran out of copy but since almost all games now can be bought digitally there's really not much of a point. Also, it's not like you're going to get the game a week early than the others you still get the game once it's released so why preorder?

But personally I don't really buy games off the bat either once they're released. I tend to wait a couple of weeks and months and maybe grab an opportunity of a sale or when the prices go down.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't preorder games. I always wait for a price drop and buy the game once the price goes below $20. As an adult gamer, I have to take care of my child first and then enjoy my hobbies last after I have taken care of all my other responsibilities, so I don't have the luxury of preordering a game at full price just to get a beta key or downloadable costume pack or t shirt.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I've never preordered a game and I probably never will, I mean, sure you probably get some kind of special/bonus, but I can't see it really being worth it, especially considering most of my gaming is done on a PC and as you said, they really don't sell out, so I just don't see a point in it.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never preordered a game because I'm almost never in a hurry to get a new title no matter how much I want it. I can allow myself to wait a few weeks before getting it and this method even affords me a chance to look at other people' sure view first before I try it out. I'd maybe consider it, if they offered something extra for preorders that I would deem worth it, but often it's just some small token that I could do without so I just don't bother.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Too many people get burned with pre-orders when on release the game performs poorly and they realize they've been cheated with edited videos and gameplay. I just wait for reviews and if they're good, only then I make a purchase. But I stopped doing even that once I realized that there's too many games to play - now I patiently wait for the price to drop and in the meantime I play some older releases.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe that there was only one time that I ever preordered a game. Either way, some of the bonus stuff reappears in a collector's edition of the game anyway. So, you may as well wait for the collector's edition or game of the year edition to come out.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game and right now, I think I'll stop buying most games at the release date, too. It takes me so long to get around to my games, that it no longer makes financial sense to even push for that.