Preparing your summer body

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 26, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it is officially spring and we are now looking forward to summer. I notice every year that people talk about and the newspapers publish articles about the summer body. While I am one to try to get my exercise throughout the year, I understand the desire to look a little better when you are more likely going to be wearing less clothing and exposing more flesh.

Do you have a pre-summer routine to tone up your body? Do you adjust your diet? Do you work on the abs or hit the weights?

2. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I actually keep my workouts completely the same, but I do change my diet. When it comes time for the summer obviously the most sought after thing is to have a six pack since most will be walking around shirtless. However, I don't sacrifice muscle to lose some fat. I know many who get really ripped during the summer but they also lose a lot of muscle!

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I never have to prepare my summer body.

Simply because i make it my goal to stay in shape all year round. That way when summer comes i am good to go. I am very concerned with my health. For that reason i never slack on my workouts. I give it a 100% everyday.

I think it is not healthy to stop, and start again all the time.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like my body the way it is. I don't have to impress anybody. I think summer is a wonderful time to go swimming and walking and you naturally tone up quickly with all the outdoor exercise. I keep fit all year round to stay healthy. If my muscles are getting a little slacker during the cooler months, it doesn't worry me much. As long as I feel good inside myself, everything is fine.

5. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    Well it's not very productive, I can tell you that. I tend to stop during the Winter, and start again in the Spring. It's a nasty habit I would like to discard:( Exercise changes my life, for the good, not just the bonuses of getting rid of excess fat, and building muscle either. I think better, feel better, and find I have less depression, and a lot more energy. Ambition too, like to get into the things I love like photography. The more healthy foods I eat, the more I want to cook healthy. I have not cravings for sugar, or saturated fats. But if I want to indulge at a bbq, where there is always plenty of sugar, chips etc. I don't have to worry because 99.9% of my intake, and exercise is positive. Moderation in those foods is best for me. Most of the time I don't even want any of them.

It's great you have formed good habits in exercise, and eating right;) I will try and follow your lead, Denise

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    My body is far from summer-ready. But yes, I do think it's a good idea to exercise all year long rather than waiting until the last few months before summer to try to shape up. Besides, healthy and fit looks good in all types of clothing, regardless of if you're wearing a swimsuit or a sweater!

7. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I'm 61 but I have seen many women, as well as men, my age look darn good, and it's all because of exercise, nutrition, and a little help from genes of course;) One thing that bothers me is when I hear people say we can't get in shape, we are over-the-hill. I've seen to many older people not just get in shape, but look totally awesome! Improve many health problems like arthritis etc. as well:)