Prices higher at checkout!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Mayvin • Jun 14, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I normally like shopping at the Walmart in my area but from time to time it can be annoying to see a lower price on the shelf and then it rings up higher at the check out. Then when you point it out they have to go send someone back to the shelf to verify and it can be so annoying. Have any of you had this happen at Walmart or another store on a routine basis. I hadn't thought about it but I should flag down the manager and tell them.

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I actually went to Duane Reade about 2 weeks ago, and bought 3 bags of chips. Two of them were on sale for $6 dollars, and it was one of those big packs. Once they checked it out, it came to a total of $12. Fortunately, he offered one of those reward memberships and it went to a total of about $9.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have had this happen and so has my sister. Like you said you point it out, and they have to go check. Usually your the one who is right because the scanner wasn't registering the item as being reduced where as it was advertise that way on the shelf. This is the reason I always watch as my items are being scanned. Its not always easy to do so especially when you are buying several items at once, but this is the only way to insure you are getting the item at the advertised sale price.

4. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I've had this happen at artscow.com in a way. While the item price is the same, the delivery price is vastly inflated. As in it can cost more than a lot of the items themselves, for slow and cheap delivery which would cost less than $5 if you did it yourself.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That price discrepancy also happens in my country, a very big and popular mall with many branches nationwide do that on purpose, and their employees are made to work overtime before those "weekend sales" to change the price tag - and they change it to a higher price. So I don't know if in your case the malls over there do that on purpose, so I guess that it's really best to be vigilant when buying and take note of the price of the item.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had this happen at walmart one to many times. It's really annoying so now what I usually do is take a picture with my phone just in case, once a cashier sat and argued with me that I was wrong and the price was right for about 15 mins till finally I got a manager and the cashier was wrong made it worse when the cashier got an attitude with me cause she was wrong and was very rude and didn't even apologize for arguing with me.

7. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've had that happen to me when I was buying a detergent pack and again with a chocolate bar. I had gotten several because the tag on the shelf said that it was on sale. When I got to the cashier she rung it at regular price and I told her it was on sale as indicated on the shelf. She then said the sale was already over and it was just that the tag had not been changed yet. I had a discussion with her but alas the price remained the same. Now I ask first if its really on sale before I have the cashier run it through the scanner. I might give couponing a try next time. At least with those discounts its printed and no one can say otherwise.

#7Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This always happens all the time for me.
    I feel like the cashiers are just in such a rush nowadays which makes them either scan improperly or I don't know what else the problem may be. I normally just ask them to check it again or I bring up the weekly ad and show them the item on sale.
    Luckily they always admit their mistake.