Pringles Or Lay's Stax?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • May 19, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know, I know, chips are not healthy, etc. but many people do snack on chips, at least on occasion. So, if you do ever give in and get chips for a snack, which ones do you prefer, Pringles or Lay's Stax?

For about the same size can, Pringles are usually anywhere from $1.50-1.89 around here. Stax are a buck in most shops. There isn't a huge difference between the taste and quality of them, but I do think Pringles are just a tad lighter and crispier. Which do you like better?

I prefer the texture of Pringles. I prefer the price of Lay's Stax. If you prefer Pringles, is it worth the price difference to you?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I would always and forever love Pringles. Everytime I would go to the grocery store, I couldn't help but stare longingly at them. But yeah, it is quite pricey so if I am a bit tight during that time, I would just move to other potato chips that are way cheaper.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both! Actually I like Stax sour cream and onion chips as they seem less artificial than Pringles. Some Pringles aren't vegetarian so I have to be careful when I buy them and read the ingredients, which is sometimes enough to put me off buying them! In general I stick to the flavors I like and only buy Pringles when they are on special.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big chip person but I think I prefer the Stax chips over Pringles although I do like Pringles. I had not released that I was not eating Pringles one day when I was eating some Stax chips. I like the texture of Pringles.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I have never heard of Lay's Stax in my entire life. I can only assume that they are an American brand of crisps/chips?? I live in the UK, and we have Pringles over here. They are one of the most popular crisps/chips brands that we have, and I can see why. Even the flavors that I wouldn't go out and choose are really nice, and better than most other potatoes chips out there. So I am going to have to choose Pringles.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When Pringles first came out, I seriously went to town on them to the point of going off them. It's been years since I had them, it's that bad. As for Lay's Stax, I've never even heard of them. I never saw them in the UK or here in Botswana, they must be geared to the US market only so I can't make a comparison :(

7. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy both, they both so good but if I had to choose just one it would have to be Pringles.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are places that sell Stax in the UK, but not many, so I have had them in the UK and the US. Pringles do have more flavors, but Stax is a little cheaper without having to be on offer and apparently are gluten free.

Pringles are more readily available and there are always specials or limited edition flavors they market so that is another thing that makes the difference.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge lover of chips as a snack. If it doesn't burn my tongue off or have some kind of crazy flavour I want to try I'm likely not partaking. Though I will say this: C'mon Lay's. That's just blatant theft. You know Pringles been on the can of chips game forever & you just waltz right into that aisle like you've always belonged there. Pfft.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    To tell the truth I never even noticed Lay’s Stax in the stores until this post came along. The price is nice, that’s for sure. Chips aren’t really my thing anymore (well, except for tortilla chips, I’ve got a huge weakness for those), but for nostalgia value alone I might have to side with Pringles because I loved them as a kid. And I’ll still eat them a couple of times a year. I’d try Stax out just to see what they’re like in comparison to Pringles, though.

11. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love Pringles especially the sour cream variant! I prefer it over Lay's. I always feel that Lay's is more air than chips, so I don't buy it all the time.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am going to have to Google Lay's Stax. Though, I have to admit that from just the name alone, I am not very impressed. What a strange name for potatoes chips. Lay's Stax?? Really? Ok then lol. That is the beauty of Pringles though - there are so many different flavors that even if you go to town on one specific flavor, there are still lots more to try out, before you completely go off of them. It also helps that they always seem to be manufacturing new flavors.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think Pringles are very much worth the price difference because I find the other options to be a poor substitute, and when it comes to snacks that satisfy my cravings, I always opt for exactly what it is that I crave for rather than settling for substitutes because I know it will only end up making me double my craving and ultimately my expenses if I shortchange myself the first time around.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Pringles besides being more costly, are kind of flavorless because their oven process, but Lays Stax is not that good to me either. Ultimately I prefer salty Frito Lay Fritos, which is my favorite snack and yeah, I don't care about having healthy snacks instead.