Printing pictures

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Jul 9, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We live in a digital era and most of us have thousands and thousands of pictures in our computers or external drives. The question is, how often do we see them? I think that a printed picture has a totally different value than one that we watch in the computer or in the TV. Do you usually print pictures or do you just browse them in the computer?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I love pictures and have them all around my apartment. I tend to only print off pictures from special occasions or pictures I find too irresistible and need to beIf I printed! I use Shutterfly when they run their free print specials which is very often. I also get Shutterfly codes through various reward programs like Pampers and Coke. I have yet to pay anything but shipping on any product I've ordered from them.

If I printed every picture I took, I would run out of wall space! My compromise was getting a digital picture frame. That way everybody can see the pictures but they don't have to clutter my walls. I have a big memory card installed in the frame and I add to it periodically.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, it's impossible to print every picture we love, there are so many and also I only print pictures in special occasions and for special people live relatives, I am not offering my pictures or my kids to people that don't care about them lol. I am not much into frames because I feel that's a bit invasive, I don't want people to feel that they have to hang them or put them someplace just because I gave it to them.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I only print certain pictures but I do look at the pictures on my computer fairly often. I keep them well organized so I also email them to people if they are looking for photos from a particular occasion and/or event. I do not print my photos myself, I tend to use a drugstore when they are having a sale and I have never had a problem. The prints tend to be about a dime each and have always been high quality.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I have pictures organized in my computer and external disk since 2007. I have a folder for each year, a folder for each month and inside each month the different events when I took the pictures. I have thousands and thousands, so it's really hard for me to see them all, while a printed one is always right there for us to see. I do watch them on TV, that is also entertaining. :)

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an amateur photographer and literally have thousands and thousands of image on my computer. I also have a whole lot of printed images on my walls, and also on the walls of my friends, family and some customers who like my work. So, yes, printing, and the quality of the prints is very important to me.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not yet print my pictures, I do plan to print some that I took this spring of my grandson's graduation and prom, so that I can see them more often. It is nice and comforting to sit with a book of old pictures and memories of times gone and people that have moved on also.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I pretty much never print pictures any more.

You're right that it's totally different in printed form, but I just never even think to do it. And I'm not the type that has ever displayed pictures, so realistically, they'd just sit in a box like my print pictures did previously anyway.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really print pictures because I have nothing to print since I don't take any. The only time I have printed pictures is for a holiday gift. It takes away ink/money.

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's an interesting comment there Nickchick, you don't take pictures? Why not? I don't know a single person that never takes pictures, I mean, until now. :) I think that pictures is like freezing a moment in the present to remember it in the future, after all what are we if not out memories? Sure it's an expense, but it's not so expensive, it's really a cheap gift to offer.

11. Nickchick

Threads:
    I mean I guess you could say I have but it's a very rare occurence. Aside from screenshots for rewards programs, I took a few at San Diego and one of my dogs but that's about it. I'm just not a photographer and ever since I was little, my mom took enough pictures for everyone.
    I wouldn't print the ones of my dogs or the San Diego ones because they're not art to me so they just stay on my phone.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I know what you mean, I am not a picture guy myself, meaning, I could not care less, but when you have kids that is another matter, it's cool to take their pictures, to see how they looked like when they were 1, 2, 3 years old and so on and on and sure that we have to print a few of those, our kids is what we love the most so we love to see their moments, their pictures.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My thoughts exactly. I also have never printed any of my pics, because I'm also not the type to display them. I think they would only just gather dust and cleaning them would be a chore. :D

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would eventually like to print some photos of my daughter and put them in a photo album, but I mostly just look at photos on my camera and computer. I'm always trying to get rid of paper clutter, so part of me doesn't want to print pictures out and have more clutter. I already have a box of photos from my old film camera that have never been organized, so I don't need more printed pictures at the moment.

15. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I do still print pictures. I like to print sets of photos into photobooks, because they are easier to store and view that way. My favorite seller of photobooks is Adoramapix, they offer pro quality at prices comparable to more consumer places like Walgreens or Shutterfly. What I like about them the most is they use real photo paper.

16. Nickchick

Threads:
    I feel the same. Even though I have very few pictures printed out, I intend to keep it that way because I've got enough papers around. They would just end up sitting in a box if I printed them out. I like to keep my walls pretty simple so I just had a calendar be put up and a picture of my deceased rabbit with the background poem Rainbow Bridge.

17. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I don't disagree with that and up until I was single I had zero pictures around my place, it's simply not me, but women to love to give their special touch and to accumulate all sort of decorative objects, including frames and pictures. What can a guy do but accept it? This is the life, give and take and in this case some pictures are always in order. :)

18. Nickchick

Threads:
    I guess it all comes down to me not being a typical woman but then again I do love decoration. I just don't like to put up much pictures because the wall can look busy really fast. I know this because I used to have posters in my old bedrooms and it just was crazy so now they just sit in a box. I'm decorative in other ways.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I also know what that mean. When I go to my parents place there seems to no empty space on the walls at all, but not everything are pictures, she also has paintings, dishes and other objects I can't clearly define in a category. My dad seems to be ok with it, so it seems to be the woman's domain indeed. :)