Probiotics

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Mar 22, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Doctors are all too eager to prescribe you antibiotics even for minor ailments. What they fail to tell you is that you need to take a good probiotic supplement as the antibiotics interfere with your natural gut flora. There are plenty of probiotic pills out there but few that actually have a high dose and good combination of beneficial organisms to repopulate your intestinal tract. I much prefer natural sources such as sauerkraut and coconut yogurt to keep those organisms inside me happy.
    Are any of you taking probiotics on a daily basis?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Probiotics are good, but don't take them at the same time as an antibiotic. The antibiotics are supposed to target a specific type of bacteria but if you supplement your natural bacteria with bacterial cultures and/or probiotics, you can reduce the antibiotic's activity on its intended target. This means that you will need more doses in order to eliminate the problem.

Yes to probiotics after you have finished with the original infection, but No to taking them during treatment.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Antibiotics are barbaric and I take them only as a last resort, they destroy my stomach flora I am worse from the disease than from the cure. I think there's no problem n taking them at the same time as probiotics, the probiotics make me survive the antibiotics...