Products you swear by

Discussion in Product Reviews started by richc3 • Jun 25, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Just more of an all purpose thread around here, but what are some products you essentially either can't live without and/or would recommend highly to others.

For example, I love my cast iron cookware and while it does tend to get heavy, I always appreciate the way I cook my foods on it. Doesn't hurt that it's a "buy it for life" product and you don't have to worry about chemicals like teflon or alike leeching into your food.

*Another thing that comes to mind is for facial treatment or essentially oily skin. I've found that astringent (chem) or witch hazel (non-chem) can do wonders for helping keep your skin well behaved.

*Also the George Foreman grill has been good to me. I appreciate that you can cook a wide array of foods on it, that it has heating plates on both sides, and that if it does break down on you it's really affordable to replace.

What about you?

2. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    * My New Balance Minimus Trail 10v2... most comfortable shoes ever. My feet and ankles are getting stronger from wearing them. Who knew you didn't need a ton of cushioning to protect your feet during exercise?

* A "shampoo brush", it's a hexagon shaped flat plastic brush that you massage your head with while shampooing. My scalp is so much cleaner and healthier from using it. I think it cost about $1.50. It's an old school thing and hard to find in stores but you can find it online.

* On that note, Shea Moisture shampoo. The best, cleanest ingredients list I've ever seen in a commercial hair product, and it acts like normal shampoo. Smells amazing and leaves my hair silky.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My coffee grinder. I know that it is not a necessary item - nor is coffee for that matter. But I was so surprised after years of coffee drinking to find how much happier it made me in the mornings when our friends from Denmark brought us a coffee grinder as a gift. The fresh ground coffee releases so many more elements of flavor that the already ground type! I am not saying I do not drink already ground coffee. But if I were to say what I can't live without in my home any longer - I would have to say it would be my coffee grinder.