Professional Winter Attire

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by FlanneryCam • Oct 1, 2012.

1. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I'm working as an instructor at a university and this will be my first year dealing with winter and having to dress like a professional.

Do you have go to winter pieces that you can wear in a business casual setting?

I usually just wear my ski jacket but now I'm wondering if that will be too unprofessional to walk from class to class (in different buildings).

Also most of my professional wardrobe is skirts and dresses. I guess that's why I'm nervous about winter approaching.

2. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    A women's blazer or pea coat would be business casual, but I'm not sure how warm they actually are. The ski jacket is probably warmer since it's intended on keeping warm in freezing climates. Most of my professors in the past just have a ski jacket during the winter time, but I guess it depends on where you are and how harsh of a winter it is.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    A wool coat with a collar is not only warm, but looks very professional because of the collar. Skirts and dresses are fine if you wear thick tights and walk quickly, haha! Even better, wear tights under your dress pants, as women's dress pants tend to be on the thin side.