Progressive Insurance

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Mayvin • Aug 27, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Their commercials are so funny and I did get an insurance quote from them once but in the end I decided to stick with State Farm because I was getting a better deal for the same price. Actually at a lower price for higher coverage. I was curious to know if anyone has used progressive and what were your thoughts about it?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have usaa it's pretty good and it's really cheap especially since I added a second car its even cheaper.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I think it can depend on a lot of factors, especially the types of discounts. I have had State Farm for so many years that it is really hard for any other company to beat them. I have comparison shopped several times over the years and never had any better options so have stuck with them. I also think that their claims process is top notch. I have only had to use it a couple of times but they were always really good. I have heard that Progressive likes to deny any claim right off the bat so you end you with a fight on your hands right from the get go. I am not sure if that is true but it would definitely keep me from switching without doing some research on that first.

4. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    Progressive like any other company rates will go up annually. Every couple years ask your agent if it saves you money doing a rewrite on your policy. The clients I have worked with didn't have any problems with claims with them, that being said I don't have a lot of Progressive clients that have had claims over the last 3 yrs.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    They were good to me when I was with them, but I'd never trust them to provide the quotes of other companies. I would still do my own investigation while trying to sort through the companies.

6. XDetTigers420X

XDetTigers420XNew Member

Threads:
    Progressive insurance looks pretty good. I like their website which will show you comparison prices from other companies. I like their commercials too. My old boss actually works for them now. He's one of those people who drive around in the Progressive SUV's helping people out when they make a claim. I currently use E-surance though, mostly because they have discounts regular car insurance companies can't offer since they're online.

7. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    I also go through State Farm. I was really curious and went about comparing them (it's easy to do it on like

or other top sites) but found that I like State Farm better. I don't know if it differs by state but it's good to know that I had it right all along.

8. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I've kept my Progressive insurance for the last 6 years because I have "accident forgiveness" now. I've also compared (about a year ago) other company rates for the same plan and they are comparable, but not more cost effective. I have been happy with Progressive's service.

9. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Between Progressive and Geico, they both have great ideas in how to advertise and make people laugh then advertise their product. Comedy will always sell because people love to laugh and feel good. Aside from the funny commercials though, I was not quite satisfied with the quote they supplied me with. I instead went to Geico for a while as they really did have the better deals for what I was looking for. In time though, I ended up switching to a local insurance company that had an even better deal for me. Overall though, I still applaud Progressive on their unique ways of advertising.

10. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. It's the companies who continue to find unique and funny ways to bring in customers that continue to make bank!

11. shanalyn323

shanalyn323New Member

Threads:
    I was with progressive for three years. When I moved to GA I had to then add homeowner's insurance to our existing policy. Instead of telling me that they don't do homeowners insurance in the state of GA they just signed me up to renter insurance and even made me pay a down payment. I had to call after I realized and it took two weeks to get my refund. That's the only problem I ever had with them. I will say though, being with them for three years, they don't offer too many discounts.