Propel Fitness Water

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Sep 26, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you drink any sports drinks or workout water? I like Propel. It has several flavors from which to choose, and it's available in different sizes and types of bottles for your convenience.

I can generally pick up a 24 oz. bottle for around #1.00, which makes it cheaper than plain bottled water. I like that it has vitamins in it. I can only drink plain water for so long before I need some flavor.

Do you think Propel is a good product? Do you find it to be a good value?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really care for propel, but it does seem to be a fair deal. Most of the time when I'm working out or exercising I'll stick with just plain old water...occasionally I might grab a Gatorade but that's about it.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've tried this before and I don't like it very much. There's something odd to me about it's texture or taste that I can't exactly pinpoint, but for some reason I find Gatorade a bit more refreshing. To me Gatorade is subtly thinner in texture, though it's probably just something about Propel's flavor or taste that makes me imagine it to be slightly thicker. I'm suspecting it's the higher amount of sodium though.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Propel has a weak flavor and it's not exactly healthy, especially not the zero calorie, zero sugar version because of what it contains. Gatorade and its added sugar at least serves a purpose for competitive athletes or long distance runners. You're far better off in the long-term drinking regular water by itself or at least adding fruit to infuse in the water to add some taste. Plus, you'll spend a fortune on the same volume of Propel compared to regular water.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Indeed. I don't drink Propel all the time, nor am I competitively doing anything. It's just more or less as a break from plain water. I like the mild flavor. Gatorade is good too and offers several flavors from which to choose. Infusing water with fruit is a great idea. Thanks for sharing that.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Not a fan of the Propel water. It tastes alright, but I'd much rather drink a gatorade, powerade, or just plain old water. Anytime I've tried drinking Propel during a "workout", I haven't noticed any sort of difference between the other drinks. And if you look at what's actually in the drink, it doesn't offer the same benefits of refueling the body like Gatorade does.

Generally, I just stick with water during a workout and will have a Gatorade or Powerade afterwards.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just drink water. I don't think I have every had a Propel Water. I try to stay away from these types of drinks. I don't trust the label that they are all natural and no chemicals added, how to they get the flavor in the water in the water if nothing has been added.

8. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    I don't really care for any sports drink like Propel or Gatorade. Although they are tasty, I think that you are better hydrated drinking plain old water, which is virtually free! I know some people have problems with tap water, but it is purified very well in water treatment centers and is much cleaner than most people expect. Save money! Drink tap water!

9. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like Propel Water. It is pretty good. If I'm going to drink a sports drink, I usually drink Propel and Gatorade. I didn't think I would like Propel water, but I liked it as soon as I tried it. I drink Gatorade more than Propel, but they are both pretty good.

10. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Propel is okay, but I rather go with drinking Vitamin Water, Gatorade, or plain ole water. For some reason I cannot explain, Propel gives me a head high after a bottle, which isn't beneficial to my ability to focus on my workouts.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's this Asian fitness water brand called Pocari Sweat. It was originally manufactured in Japan and eventually grew so popular. Now the brand's been distributed all over Asia and to the rest of the world. As for Propel, I think the product is yet to reach my country. Judging from the data your provided above, the product has a relatively affordable price. I can't say for sure whether it's a good product but it appears to be of good value, price-wise.