PS3 Games For 10 Year Old Boy

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Dec 15, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm planning on getting my nephew some ps3 games this Christmas and I just realized I'm so clueless regarding this. I have some knowledge about video games and I do play them myself on occasion but I never was too into them so I've always been basically left out of the loop when it comes to this.

That sails it's why I'd love to get some recommendations on what to get. He plays mostly anything as long as it interests him enough, regardless of genre. From what I can tell his favorite games are FPS titles and GTA, as well as story based titles like the new Walking Dead and Heavy Rain, but of course I'd love to be able to introduce him to some new discoveries as well.

I was thinking of giving him Red Dead Redemption but after seeing some gameplay footage online I think it just might be too violent for my taste and I'd rather hold off on it until he's a bit older. I'm also considering getting him Ratchet and clank but I'm unsure of it since as far as I know he's never been into cutesy characters but I guess if the gameplay was good enough then it wouldn't matter much.

What do you guys think, any suggestions?

2. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Well, in my opinion, 10 years old is a bit too young to be playing GTA or heavy rain. The games are terrific, but they do contain some pretty disturbing material. I would suggest the Little Big Planet series. It's a very cool "2.5 D" sidescrolling puzzle game and I loved playing it. That being said, you know your own nephew the best, so if you do want to get him an FPS game, it will be pretty violent. I would suggest Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, or the Last of Us.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Destiny or Titanfall perhaps? As above I would think that GTA is a bit too mature for him at the moment, with all its references to sex and drugs.

He might also be interested in less violent games in the RPG genre? FFIV is great!

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think for his age, you can never go wrong with car racing games like Need For Speed. Splinter Cell and Prince Of Persia are good choices too.