P$$t Graham Crackers (kroger Brand)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Mar 14, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been shopping more at Kroger over the past several months, because it's closer to home than Walmart, where I had been shopping for a long time. Since I'm on a budget, I've been trying out various generic brands sold at Kroger, and one of those is the P$$t brand.

I recently purchased a box of P$$t graham crackers. Graham crackers aren't something I buy all of the time, but I purchased this box for a specific recipe. I ate one of the other ingredients (chocolate chips) when I got a craving for chocolate and didn't have another source in The House, so I decided to try eating the graham crackers plain. Since graham crackers aren't one of my favorites, I wasn't expecting much, but I was really pleasantly surprised.

The P$$t graham crackers are thinner than other graham crackers I've tried, and are also crisper. I consider other graham crackers more of a cookie product, but this brand's graham crackers are sort of a hybrid cookie-cracker. Since I enjoyed them so much, I will be purchasing them again, and hopefully one of these days, I'll buy the rest of the ingredients again as well, and will make that recipe.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally only buy grahams if i want them for a recipe, but I like the cinnamon grahams. These are some of my favorites. The Psst brand sounds good. I am going to be in the area of the Kroger tommorow...but I think my plan is to go to Walmart and Costco. I might check the Kroger website just in case.

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I don't have any Costcos near me. There was one up in Houston by where I used to live, but I ate out more when I lived up there, since I was always running around for work or out with friends, so I didn't grocery shop as much as I do now. Do you find them to be comparable to Sam's Club and BJ's Wholesale Club? I'm familiar with BJ's from back home (New England), and used to have a membership to Sam's.

I'd totally forgotten about the cinnamon graham crackers. I actually usually like those better than the plain graham crackers as well, but like you, I only tend to purchase graham crackers for specific recipes. I opened the second package from the box I bought and started eating them, and really really like them, though, so I think I'll start buying these on a regular basis. I used to always buy saltines to soothe my stomach (ulcer), but I'm burned out on those, and think I'll start using these for that purpose. If you buy and try them, let me know what you think. I'm curious if it's just me, or if others prefer them, as well.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have had really good luck with the p$$t brand at Kroger. I love their saltines and you cannot be $0.99 a box especially when the name brands are usually 3-4 times that. I just bought their hamburger buns the other day and I liked those too. I have been buying more of this brand than the Kroger brand or some of the name brands. I will have to try the graham crackers too. I love graham crackers and usually buy the Honey Maid brand but they are expensive.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't usually buy graham crackers; but I have bought the regular saltine crackers from Kroger, and I think that those are certainly every bit as good as the more expensive name brands of saltines.
    Most of the time, I do buy the cheaper Kroger labeled products, like the P$$T brand ones, and they work fine for me.
    About the only food that I am really particular about is my yogurt, and I only buy name brand yogurt, especially Greek Gods yogurt.
    As far as most canned foods, the generic seems to be just as good.

6. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I've never tried (or even seen) the Greek Gods brand of yogurt. I sometimes find the yogurt section daunting, because it's huge. It used to be that there would be a couple of different brands, such as Dannon, Yoplait, the store brand, and perhaps a few more, and the flavors were pretty standard. It seems that segment of the market has greatly expanded over the past 5 years or so, and it's often overwhelming these days to try to find the one that I want. I do like the Greek yogurt, but nowadays, it seems every brand makes one. The last time I shopped, I ended up picking up a blueberry yogurt, which is pretty standard for me, but I also bought a coconut yogurt, which was pretty tasty. I don't recall which brand they were, but I'll know it when I see it again next time I go shopping.

I've occasionally had issues with the really off off brands of canned vegetables, so I tend to stick with the brand names when they're on sale, or the generics I'm familiar with, such as Great Value, Kroger, or P$$t.