Puncture Fix

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by tasha • Feb 19, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    How fantastic! I got a puncture in my brand new tyre after only replacing them all two weeks before. I managed to get to the mechanics and they told me that the thorn that punctured the tyre was on the side of the tube and they could not repair it. They did however put some sort of substance into the tyre and told me that this would keep my tyre from going down. The product can be bought at almost any hardware store and I highly recommend that you get one for those emergency times where there is nowhere to change your tyre. It goes into the tyre and repairs it without the old fashion method.
    Has anyone tried a product like this and do you know what it is called?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought Fix-a-Flat for my vehicles. It is a great product and well worth buying as you said for emergencies especially if you travel a lot or if you live in an area where there is a lot of broken glass or even construction sites. You just never know when it can happen to you.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fix-A-Flat isn't a smart option for repairing a tire. It leads to a temporary fix but can destroy tires from the inside. The chemicals can eat away at the tire and cause them to blow out prematurely. Otherwise, these chemicals can mess with the PSI of your tires and cause other issues. It's better to get the tire repaired properly or replace it altogether.

4. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes we should not leave a tyre unrepaired but sometimes you cant afford to change the tyre immediately or you are far away and cant change the tyre on your own, which is why this stuff is so fantastic. For women on the road I recommend it!!