Pure Aloe Vera Gel From the Plant

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by PSLoveCharli • Apr 11, 2014.

1. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    So I purchased my first aloe vera plant the other day with good strong stems full of gel already ready for use. I cut one off and removed the gel from the inside of the leaf and put in a tupplewear (sp?) container. I preserve it by keeping it in the fridge! So far I've used it twice, nightly applying it to my face after cleansing and toning. Not any noticeable results YET, but I'm optimistic about this wonderful healing plant!

Any good experiences with PURE aloe vera gel? Preferably from a plant or an organic/natural foods store.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've grown aloe vera plants for many years. Try not to cut or break off too much of the plant. It's much better if you use the gel as fresh as possible. Usually aloe vera plants a re very generous, growing back fast and also producing plenty of new shoots. Plant the shoots in new pots. This plant is not very fussy at all. It survives well, even under challenging soil or climate conditions. It's very versatile. I use it as a first aid for burns, be that in the kitchen during cooking or if I had a little bit too much sun.

3. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I agree to use the aloe vera when it is very fresh. A freshly cut piece of aloe not only gives a lot of gel, but also a bright green juice. I had bad burn on my hand a few months ago that the aloe cleared right up within three days or so. And it didn't leave a scar. I have plenty untreated burns that left scars. I really feel that this is a miracle plant.