Pure honey on your face for an amazing, natural and hydrating facial!

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kat33 • Jun 2, 2012.

1. kat33

kat33New Member

Threads:
    When I was in Hawaii, we had a all natural spa day! It was so much fun and we used all of the ingredients from things we found in the rainforest. For example, you can use a small paintbrush to apply pure organic honey to your face! It was the best and most hydrating facial of my life. Also, you can mash up papaya and put it directly on your face for about 10 minutes before doing the honey treatment. The papaya tightens the skin and has anti-aging ingredients that work wonders! There are so many ways to use natural ingredients for our beauty rituals! Also, by researching and trying new ways to work with nature, we avoid the need to put chemicals on our skin in order to be beautiful! It costs a lot less too!!

2. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    You've just reminded me I wanted to look into some natural ways of caring for my skin.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your inspiring post. I love to use natural products on my face, but I now realize that food is the most natural way to go. Sometimes I rub fresh lemon on my face, and it tightens and purifies my skin. Just make sure to keep it out of you eyes, as lemon juice will burn your eyes like crazy. I will definitely try organic honey sometime!

4. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    How long do you leave the honey on your face? And how do you remove it? With a damp cloth, or do you have to wash it off with a cleanser to remove the "sticky" feeling?

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I think they will leave honey in your face for about 20-30 minutes so you can basically have a quick nap while they are massaging you. That's what spa works. I think they have cleanser to wash that honey off your face. My girlfriend have tried it and she liked it a lot.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea about honey. Honey is not really cheap. Maybe I will try it around the part below my eyes and see if it would help to remove some of the sagging and wrinkles there.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I use honey on my face in the shower. I wet my face first, and apply it. I leave it on while I do everything else and then rinse in the end. It always leaves my face with a nee glow. Once a week I add a little white sugar for a little scrub, and it really helps close up those pores.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This type of facial sounds like it is great for the summer. Have you tried cucumbers on your skin to reduce swelling?

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These a beauty shop that uses honey on the eyebrows. I love the way it makes my eyebrows feel. Never thought about using it on my face.

10. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Isn't it important to use raw unpasteurized honey for a facial treatment? In fact, it's the only kind I buy or eat because all of the health benefits are only found in raw honey, so I imagine the same would hold true for a facial. I use cucumbers and have read about papaya but haven't tried it. I mix plain yogurt and sea salt for an exfoliating facial scrub. Now I'm really curious about the honey...

11. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    great tips...thanks...maybe i should try using honey on my face...

12. Marya

MaryaNew Member

Threads:
    I started using honey 2-3 days ago and my face is drier than normal.
    Honey is antibacterial in nature, is known for helping acne-prone skin and heal skin (acne wounds, skin burns, etc).

#12Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2017
  13. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Nice thread. Thank you for reminding me of the wonders of honey on the face. It really leaves one with an amazing glow. I remember about 5 years ago, I had applied a honey (not raw honey, just simple normal honey) as mask on my face for about 15 minutes. A friend visited about an hour later and when I opened the door said: "wow! you are glowing!" I had washed everything off...no stickiness or anything but it leaves a gentle glow and a soft baby feeling on your face. Just awesome.

I also like cucumber, mashing that and applying it. Also, oatmeal. (-: But honey is my favorite and you do not need a lot of it.

14. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea about the honey. I'm going to have to try that. I use lemons myself because they are good for brightening and tightening your skin.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Honey is amazing for your skin, it leaves it so soft and supple. I love using this in the morning and then amybe in the evening. It make you feel so refreshed and clean and your skin feels tighter so I know this works and it is an all natural cleaner for your skin. Honey goes a long ways and you can get that any place while you are grocery shopping and come home put it on and feel refreshed after a long day.

16. Declan

DeclanBanned

Threads:
    Hi Kat,
    Thanks for the directions and like to add some more health benefits of honey here.
    Honey is great to reduce and maintain body weight and effective in healing wounds, curing arthritis and prevent hair loss. Honey prevents from mouth disease, has great antiseptic properties and regulates heart beat.

17. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that honey is great for skin, but I have been a little afraid to try it because I have sensitive skin. I've tried other so-called natural things on my face and they irritated my skin. I have tried it on my hair combined with my conditioner and I love the way my hair feels afterwards.

18. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I agree! Although, I don't typically make a facial mask with pure honey, I will always add some organic honey to it. I know some people are weary of it being sticky and difficult to wash off, but even if you don't feel as though you fully washed it off your face, use a toner to help remove the rest. I make my own with organic apple cider vinegar and green tea toner and it works really well.

Honey is a very versatile ingredient and always helpful to have on hand. It isn't a very expensive item either, and lasts for a very long time.