Purex Crystals

Discussion in Product Reviews started by BonnyC • Apr 10, 2012.

1. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    There are several brands making this type of product now, but I have only tried the

and I think that they're amazing. We were having some problems with our washing machine smelling and the smell was seeping into the clothes. A friend told me about these crystals so I got some at the grocery store (with a coupon!) to try. These crystals are amazing!!! They aren't detergent, they're just for making the laundry smell nice. And the scent stays around for weeks, literally! I use two towels when I take a bath, one for my hair and one for my body. I had gotten one that was washed with the crystals and one that wasn't, and I could tell the difference straight away. They're totally worth every penny.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, pretty cool. They just go in with your laundry detergent? I have not seen these yet. I do like Purex laundry detergent tho. I used to buy Tide all the time, but Purex is cheaper and works just as good. I may have to try these crystals. Our washer at the moment is ok with the scent, but if it lasts that long they would be worth it.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    This is awesome! I actually just bought these and I am doing laundry today with them. I have heard nothing but great reviews about this but I am excited to try them today. I will comment on my experience tomorrow:cool:

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of these either, so it is good to know about them. I have a top load washer and even though it is an older model, I have not had any problems with any bad smell in it. I know the front load washers tend to have this happen more often than top loaders. I want to get some of the crystals just to have that nice smell on towels and bedding that lasts for weeks!

5. april222

april222New Member

Threads:
    I came across this product a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it. I actually got them to add fragrance to my clothes. I don't use dryer sheets, mainly due to their powdery smell that can at times be a little overbearing. Purex crystals seem perfect, also I'm able to add as much or as little as I want.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ok so I did laundry and I must say I am not THRILLED but I am pleased. My clothes does smell very good but once I started separating them they essence wasn't really that strong on the individual items. I do have to say its easy to use and does give off a vrey pleasant aroma but I think this may be one of those pricey unnecesarry items for laundry to come out great. The smell is the only add on and you can get that with dryer lint sheets that smell like everything from morning sun to lavendar fields to even mango margarita fusions fruity stuff. I am going to pass on this next time I shop and will just enjoy the rest of the bottle I already purchased. Sorry Purex Crystals ; not this time :(

7. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I had thought about these. Do they give off a very strong aroma, or is it really mild? My family does not like anything that is real strong. The other thing that I worry about is, do they dissolve into your laundry? We normally have to buy soap that are free of perfumes and dyes because my son and I break out from them. However, with boys I would like to find something that gives off a pleasant smell in their clothing. Does anyone else have skin problems with laundry soap that have perfume in them, and have been able to use these without having any problems?

8. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, did you use the recommended amount? I just checked some towels that I washed at least a week ago, and I can still smell it. It's not as strong as it was, but it's not hard to detect, either. Different washers and dryers or their settings might change the outcome, too. I just checked the bottle, and it doesn't say anything about it. I wash my clothes with warm water instead of hot or cold.

When I was told about it on another forum, a lot of people piped in with excellent reviews. I'm sorry you didn't have the same experience :(

I saw have never been able to get a strong, lasting scent from dryer sheets. Can you recommend some? I'd love to try them.

BrittneyD, they do have a strong aroma in my experience. I'd imagine that they will cause issues for someone that can't tolerate perfumed laundry detergents. The bottle says that 92% of its ingredients are natural, but that doesn't always mean anything. I'll go search around and see if I can find any free sample offers and post them if I'm successful.

#8Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually like that it's not that strong. I was given some to try out at a conference last year and I'm not a huge fabric softener person because of the perfumes, but this wasn't overpowering.

I must admit that every time I see it, though, it makes me think of kitty litter crystals instead, lol.

10. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried these and I really liked them! I don't know what scent it was (I'm all about smell), but I got the one in the purple container, and it smelled really nice. I'll definitely get it again if I get ahold of a coupon (laundry products are things I buy many different brands of depending on sales and coupons). BonnyC, if you start to notice an off-smell in your washer again, try putting vinegar in a spray bottle and spitzing down the inside after your last load for the day and letting it dry. I used to use those Tide washing machine cleaning tablets, which worked well too, but they are expensive. Vinegar is dirt-cheap (especially since it doesn't take much) and works just as well by removing odors (the vingear odor fades quickly).

11. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I use Tide with Febreze and I could barely smell the crystals scent if at all.I really had my hopes up after reading the reviews about them on Google, what a let down. I suppose they may smell more if you used them with unscented detergent,but I think I will stick to my Tide for now and use the crystals for my babys clothing since its safe for them.

12. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I agree Bonny. I love the lavender scented one. It doesn't take much either, I never fill the little cup because 1/2 is enough to make the clothes smell great. I also use dryer sheets too because I have little ones who need nice, soft clothes, but you can get the scent free kind if you don't want to mix smells. :)

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used the Purex crystals yet. I did use the Downey Unstoppables though. I love them and they did make my laundry smell fantastic, but I went through the bottle of them so quickly and they were almost $8. What kind of cost are the Purex ones?

14. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I like Purex crystals, they really leave the laundry smelling fresh long after you take your clothes out of the dryer. It is so easy to add a capful to the wash. My only problem is that the product is quite expensive for what it does. Nice to have around if you can get on sale.

15. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of these but it seem's as if everyone really love's them. There is nothing better than something that can make you smell good. I definately love my clothes to smell awesome. I also use Purex laundry detergent and think it does the job. My washer is older though and if anything helps enhance a good smell in your clothes, I'm all for it.

16. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I gave these crystals a shot. I agree they are great. They made my clothes and sheets very soft and smell great. THe nice smell on the sheets lasts a couple of days which I really like. Its a nice new invention. I am sure all of the other brands are going to follow suite with it as well.

17. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:

I've actually still been using them since I am not going to throw out the bottle. I am almost done with the container. Yes I used the right about but I just don't find it to be that much of a necessary thing to be spending $5 bucks a container for when there are other things that actually do more. I have never had a problem with my clothes smelling fresh just using the usualy detergent and fabric softener so to me its honestly just a waste.

18. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I kind of wish I could try things like this, just for that extra little boost of great scent, but my son has highly sensitive skin and I pretty much have to avoid any extra additive. I still love him :)

19. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    So true!! And important. Both of my children have pretty bad eczema and when I tried these in our laundry, they both flared up! People do need to keep that in mind when trying these or anything else that they add to their laundry when it comes to sensitive skin. Great reminder!

20. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    These look really cool! Does anybody have a coupon for this?