Qdoba or Chipotle

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Dec 23, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I think most towns have a Chipotle, but I'm not sure about Qdoba. I think the food choices are pretty similar. I prefer Qdoba, but my husband favors Chipotle. I think Qdoba has fresher ingredients, and the staff is friendlier. Of course all that would vary from one store to the next. Has anyone been to one or both of these restaurants?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I've only been to Qdoba. But I never ever ever want to go anywhere else! :) haha. It's a great store, with really fresh and tasty food and the staff tend to be really friendly. The prices are decent for the size of the meal and I love Qdoba's loyalty program. So yes, Qdoba all the way.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be a big fan of Chipotle when they first opened in our area, but it seems like the food and service have gone downhill over the past few years - at least at the stores where I live. We have a couple Qdoba's out here as well, which I've only been to a couple of times. Flavor-wise, I think I prefer Chipotle between the two. The few things I tried at Qdoba had some sauces on them that I didn't really care for.

It's actually pretty easy to recreate many of the recipes at Chipotle. The chicken, for example, is just boneless skinless thighs marinated in a can of chipotle in adobo sauce. Marinate it overnight then grill it on really high heat. The rice is just cooked with sea salt, lime juice and fresh cilantro. There's also a website called Chipotle Fan that has even more copycat recipes.