Qdoba versus Chipotle

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MindyT • Aug 6, 2014.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have recently found a Qdoba in my area. I had never been there before. I really liked it. I thought the food was well-priced, had large portions, and was relatively healthy.

Now, a Chipotle restaurant has opened up in my city. I had several people tell me they like it better than Qdoba. They said it was pretty much the same thing, same type of items. I have not gone there yet. I was wanting other people's insights.

Which restaurant do you prefer? Why? Prices? Favorite thing(s) on the menu?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't eaten at either restaurant. I live 10 minutes away from a big mall. The mall has a Qdoba. My family loves the place, but Chipotle just opened up. Now, they go to Chipotle. The closest Chipotle was 20 minutes away so they defaulted to Qdoba. They all prefer Chipotle. The Chipotle restaurant is very crowded. One of these days I'm going to eat at both and compare.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    So it does sound like the two restaurants are similar in food styles and options. I don't know if my Chipotle is ever crowded since I have never been there. It is in a great location with lots of traffic around the building. I am assuming that is busy most of the time. I will have to try it soon, and then we can compare notes!

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Chipotle and if there isn't a Chipotle nearby I won't go to Qdoba. I'm not sure exactly why but I think Chipotle's food tastes fresher, I also like the set up of the "restaurant." Chipotle was the first of the two to really move in to my city so that's where I went often, I think that may be another reason I never really got into Qdoba.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been to Qdoba. Which is really interesting because I have seen them around and have never even been curious as to what they're all about. That is really not my normal behaviour. I usually check out every restaurant I see. That's the goal this week: Try Qdoba.