Quality Assurance Bank Job Scam

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by jneanz • Apr 14, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    About a year ago, I get a phone call at my home from a young man who asks if I am looking for work. I reply yes and he tells me about an opportunity to work as a QA contractor. I'm on many lists for merchandising and mystery shopping so I figured this was where he got my contact information. I looked them up online and they seemed legitimate.

My job would be to visit Chase banks in my area and clean/maintain the ATM machines. I would supply the cleaning materials up front but would be reimbursed. Can't remember if gas was reimbursed but the first thing that got my attention was that training (over the phone and online) was not paid for.

Then when I got the schedule, I was being sent to locations nowhere near my home and was still missing a uniform shirt. Also, the due date was almost hours away. When I did some quick math, I realized that I would be better off at home writing for the content mills.

When I called to leave a message that I would not do this because of the disorganization, his vm was filled to the max. I sent an email and haven't heard a thing since.

2. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for telling me about this. I am looking for WAH opportunities myself, and I'm trying my best to avoid scams like this one.
    I'm sorry that it happened to you, and all those people who must have realized the same thing and called. This sort of thing needs to be reported somewhere so people like them and activities like this can be stopped.
    Tell me, what are "content mills"?
    Is that like when you write things on peoples websites to get money? That's always fun.