Quality Purses For Cheap?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by BeccaShopper • Aug 17, 2015.

1. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know some great places to buy purses at low prices that won't fall apart a month later? I use my bags heavily and should probably just splurge and get a nice designer one that will hold up a long time, but..does anyone have any advice/experience to share on this? Thanks! :)

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One place I always look for purses, among other stuff is TK Maxx. I don't know if that'll work for you, but I find I can sometimes pick up some gorgeous pieces at a reasonable price from there.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love TK Maxx! They've always got some amazing leather purses/handbags in a myriad of colours. Thinking about it, the handbag section is actually the easiest part of the store to browse.

I think they're called TJ Maxx in the US and it's recently been announced that they will be opening stores in Australia next year.

Here's a link to the handbag section on the US site so you can see the type of brands they carry.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Purses don't really undergo that much wear and tear as compared to school bags and hiking bags, right? After all, they only carry a light load. Why not try looking around your local department store and check the ones that are made of thick material and are well-stitched? They don't really have to be branded. Nike has some pouches made of thick material, but it might be too manly or sporty for your taste.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten some wallets and purses from Kohl's and it's held up pretty nicely! One of the ones I got has lasted me several years...although I have to say, how nicely a product stays often depends on how much you use it and what you do on a typical day when you use it!

I would also look at Marshall's; their stuff tends to be a little nicer than Ross and Goodwill (maybe it's a psychological thing) and it doesn't hurt to check the next time you're at a Marshall's store!

6. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    In general, if you're looking for quality things for a low price, Tk Maxx is just great. They have loads of high quality items, sometimes even designer labels for half the price they would be in other stores. When it comes to purses and handbags, they have a huge selection to chose from, and I think it's perfect for an affordable purse. Whatever you buy there, it will definitely be a good quality. My current bag is from there as well - I would definitely recommend it.

7. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks, everyone! I'm in the US so its TJ Maxx here! I have actually never been there even though there is one relatively close to me, so I will definitely have to check it out!

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your best bet is to find really good sales, or go to an outlet or discount store. I love Ross dress for less for pretty much everything, but I can never find good purses in there. I prefer Marshals for that. I have never bought purses at TJ Maxx, but I heard it's good.

9. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    TJ Maxx is a great place to find not only high quality purses and handbags, but also clothing, accessories, and home goods as well. Target has a lot of cute purses and bags regularly in stock. If you're really looking to save a lot of money on high quality purses, I frequently see high end purses at consignment stores and thrift shops for low prices in good condition.

No matter where I purchase a new purse or wallet, I always inspect the hardware first, testing the zippers and closures, the fit over my shoulder, etc. If there are any inconveniences of the bag I know I will be less likely to use it, therefore it will be a waste of money.

10. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend TJmaxx. They offer a wide range of reputable brands at discounted prices. They have everything from Coach to Anne Klein to Ralph Lauren. The prices are some of the lowest you will find for the quality. They also usually have a great selection of purses on sale.