Question About A 4k Tv.

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by rightct • Apr 3, 2015.

1. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently argued with friends about the acquisition I will make in about 1 week, when I will buy a 4K TV. I've been told that it will not be a good investment, as there's not a lot of content available for it. I do agree with this specific aspect, but in about a year or two, I'm confident that more content will be created for this new technology they're currently trying to implement, or at least they should.
    I'm not going to implement cable streaming on it, anyway, so Netflix or Hulu will put it at use with good TV shows; as a result, I will see high quality images on it, hopefully.
    For its price of $1050, I think I should go for this deal, although I'm not so sure. Could you guys give me some advice? Should I go for my own reason, or listen to my friends and take a more reasonable TV, financially wise?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's not a terrible price for a 4K TV. Not everyone can see the difference between 1080p and 4K, although most people will notice slightly better image quality. I'd say go ahead and go for it. At the very least, YouTube has some decent 4K content from user uploads. You'll spend more now compared to in a year or two, but $1,000 still isn't a bad price by any means.

If you want it, then go for it.

3. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I think 4K TV's will take off better than 3D has so hopefully a lot more content will be available soon. 4K has four times as many pixels as 1080p which means the picture should be clearer, however the distance at which you sit from the TV affects whether you will notice the increased resolution.

The higher pixel count on a 4K screen allows for a more natural representation of the picture with increased detail in the images. You definitely get more detail with 4K than 1080p but the upgrade isn't as impressive as the one between SD and HD.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    4K and 3D are completely different concepts, which explains why one wasn't successful and the other will be successful. 3D was always more of a gimmick than anything else. On the other hand, 4K is a tangible increase in resolution that has benefits from certain distances, so they're going to be the new normal for televisions in a few years, until we start doing 8K and other things like that.