Question - Do you use Ebates?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Dec 7, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Many of us have used Rebates to get money back on purchases made. Recently, I have noticed something called Ebates. It seems to be the same principle but used with online purchases which are becoming more and more popular. Since I haven't tried it yet, I wanted to ask if any of you out there have and if so what are the plusses and or minuses to using an Ebate?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's great to use and you can refer friends with a link and get $5 each, both you and your friend cash. They pay via PayPal and as long as use the site to click through then the purchase will be tracked and you can use coupons and discount codes too. I used it for Best Buy for a laptop and then went and picked it up. I've found the customer service good as I put in a ticket query and it was added within a few hours. You can see a record of all the visits you have made to sites, with dates and times.

I always check first if a retailer is on Ebates first before I shop and often they do double rebate offers too.

3. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    No, but my friends have, and I'm hearing some very good news about it. My friend got a pair of jeans for a few bucks off. It's not a lot, but it definitely adds up when you're making a lot of purchases. I don't do a lot of online shopping myself (especially clothing, due to my weird body shape), but I would definitely use Ebates when I actually do some shopping.

4. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    I only do online shopping a few times a year, but I signed up. If I know I will get up to 5% back on a gift card, I might be more inclined to do more shopping online. You get a $10 gift card when you do your first purchase through them, so that's encouraging.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I use it but I haven't been actively using it and actually have forgotten about it, so thanks for reminding me about it with this thread. Ebates is a good site to do cashback shopping on and the commissions you earn back from shopping add up to something considerable over time. The only wish I have is to earn money for shopping, as that would mean you could accumulate plentiful earnings much faster. But other than that, it's commercialized, it's good, it's recommended.

6. djr88

djr88New Member

Threads:
    You can not only get the funds back from them just from logging on and going through their site but then you shop and can use discount codes and such as well. It's a win win. I've been with them for several years.