Quick Bath Wipes For Cats

Discussion in Product Reviews started by blurinoctober • Dec 7, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I picked some up at my local pet store, but they can be found

for much cheaper.

If you have a cat that likes to get dirty but hates baths, these are a dream. They're heavier duty than baby wipes and don't smell as powdery afterwards. My cats mostly sat still when I was wiping them down because it felt like they were being petted to them! I highly suggested them, it even got flea eggs out of my kitten's coat. She's too young for flea medication, so this was nice.

Next up, I'm trying

, as one of my cats scratches herself too much and the other scratches me too much!

2. alishamilan

alishamilanNew Member

Threads:
    Bath is must need for the cat. Good post.

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting, we've never tried using a bath wipe. We do take our cat to the groomers pretty often to get wasted, but also to get her belly shaved since it gets knotted. They are really reasonably priced too. Not that I'm not the one who has to pay.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Bath wipes for cats sounds like a brilliant invention, since cats hate water. Are they effective, though?

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have been looking for some bath wipes for cats for a while now. I did read a few reviews for some on Amazon, but you only got 10 wipes for around $8. Then I heard of using baby wipes. Right now I just stick to the waterless bath foam and they like it.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow Bath wipes for cats is the best thing I have ever heard.. My cats never liked the word bath and would hide themselves from me for hours... This would make life for cats and pet owners much easier.. Thanks for mentioning this.. though I don't have a cat now.. my friend would be thrilled to order it for her cat.

7. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    sounds like a good idea but does it work as well as a bath? or better considering cats don't sit well through a bath anyway. I am really going to have to try these. My cat can't stand sitting through a bath but loves to be pet.....stocking stuffer maybe??/

8. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious about what these are made of? Ie. What's the active chemical? I really really really don't like putting chemicals on my cat. I would much rather bathe him (even if it is a chore) than use a chemical wipe. Are these natural?

9. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Wow these look great and they are super cheap. I bathe my cat once or twice a year but using these in between is a great idea. I like to keep her smelling fresh. I used to use baby wipes but the scent is potent. I may have to give these wipes a try.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    These sound like a good idea, since both of my cats do not like getting baths at all. The problem is one of my cats is pretty overweight, so she has a tough time grooming herself completely. Do they state what ingredients are in these wipes? I guess I would just be a little concerned about them licking themselves after they've been cleaned with these and ingesting some of the chemicals.

11. Antau LJn

Antau LJnNew Member

Threads:
    The ingredients would be my concern too, especially since our cats (like all cats) lick themselves. If it is natural and harmless, this would be something I would be interested in trying. (The cats belong to my children, but I'm quite sure they would not have a problem with trying wipes.)

I also echo the question of how clean they get the cats, and I do like the idea of it getting rid of flea eggs. What stores are these sold at, or does one need to buy them online?

Do they make anything like this for dogs?

12. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I am wondering this same thing myself. But if they are natural I am definetly going to try this. I was very happy to hear about how it even got flea eggs of the fur. Our cat is also to little right now for the flea medication. So this really sounds perfect. To be honest, I never even knew they had cat wipes. Now I am wondering if they could possibly work on a dog as well. We do give our dog a bath every once in a great while. But he hates them so much. He is actually terrified of the water. We do have him on a flea medication. But he still gets dirty from rolling around in the dirt and grass outside. So if anyone has tried this on their dog too, did it work?