Quick Way to Make a Buck?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by SEA81 • Jun 19, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I think we've probably all been in situations where we needed $50 by the end of the week to pay our electric bill or whatever, so what do you do? Borrow from a friend or relative, throw up a garage sale, try to make money online?

I'm just wondering what you do when you need a quick $20, $50 or $100 and don't have it.

2. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have any gold or silver jewelry that you don't want anymore? There are lots of places to turn them in to get cash. I remember a few years ago I had some single gold earrings and I took them all in and got 26 bucks... Not bad for some earrings that I couldn't wear anymore.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I always try to do surveys and whatever I make no matter if it's a few bucks here and there from surveys or whatever and add them up to get a few dollars whenever I need them. The surveys that I take comes in handy when I am in need for a quick few dollars for the lights or gas. So no matter, it all adds up.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    If I need to make a quick buck: I knuckle down and do extra work online to make the amount that I need. If I cannot for some reason or if I needed the money like yesterday, I ask my brother. I used to use my credit card, but no longer. Just focusing and working online for companies that pay quickly is a fast and reliable method.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Selling old things would be the best thing to do if you don;t want to get yourself a debt. Now if you cannot sold anything then the second option would be to borrow from a family or friend or to put your jewelry in a pawnshop. Online money making could be another option but I don't think that $50 could be easily earned in a day or two.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I just do some writing. I can scrape up $40 or $50 in a couple days. It also gives a fast payout. If I really put my mind to it, I can squeeze about $100 to my paypal.

7. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I turn to earning money online. it is the best thing to work into my chaotic schedule.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I write online at iWriter to get some fast cash. It's free to join and it works for me. I usually have money from other places like Microworkers. That's where I make most of my money. Then I have a couple of side projects that also bring some extra money.

9. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I just spend some time and effort on the fastest paying sites I know of. When traffic is good at ChaCha I can earn $10/day or I will review music on Slicethepie. I hate having to pawn something or asking someone for money but sometimes an emergency comes up and you don't have any other option.

10. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Linky, can you be specific about some of the reliable companies you are working for online? That info would be appreciated.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sell stuff on Craigslist for quick cash or run a three day auction on eBay. If I'm really desperate, I cold call local businesses asking if they need a new or updated website. It works, but I hate cold calling with a passion.

12. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been in that situation but I would probably ask my parents or a good friend. A better tip is to not let yourself get to that point!

I can earn a few dollars online in a few days, online but never enough substantially. Plus, by the time you get the cashout from the site and it gets to paypal and then you have to transfer the money to the bank which takes a few days. You can't really earn online to pay a last minute bill.

13. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Try signing up for a writing service like CloudCrowd. You have to take a "credential test" (meaning you have to do a short assignment and pass), but once you do, you can start doing assignments. The one positive thing about CloudCrowd is that once they approve something you've written, they pay your PayPal the very next day. That is this company's whole calling card. I won't sugar coat it: sometimes they won't put assignments up, and some people complain that they unfairly evaluate some assignments. But if you can find an assignment that you can do, you can make some good money and get paid the next day. I've gotten paid $30 the next day, depending on the assignment. They have stuff for you to do like movie reviews, college essays, product descriptions, and editing. It just depends on what's available. Here's the link:

14. ukfan41

ukfan41New Member

Threads:
    I usually buy and sell things for more money on ebay. It works pretty well actually. I usually fix cellphones etc also.

15. crowan

crowanNew Member

Threads:
    I usually something on Craigslist I no longer use. I just sold my AC because my new apartment has central air.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do a 3 day eBay auction or spend a sleepless night or two working hard online. I don't ask my family for anything because I know they have their own problems to deal with.

There are sites like Fiverr where you can sell services and items for $5. People seem to like Fiverr but I haven't listed there because I don't have weird or unique skills to sell.

17. busybee

busybeeNew Member

Threads:
    I would do some work online. Like Adeal4 I do some articles for iWriter if I need to make a bit extra.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pick up some extra work online to make the money I need. I work Microworker and other sites.

19. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    If I have something I can pawn off it's usually my first choice, it's the fastest and you can always get your stuff back. If not I'll go straight to my computer and start working, there's plenty of sites you can earn a good amount if you dedicate the time.

20. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually use apps that pay to make some quick cash.
    There are tons of apps out there that will pay just for downloading them. The ones I would recommedn would be Featurepoints, Wikets, Receipt hog and gig walk.
    Many people take advantage of gigwalk because it seriously pays very fast for very simple tasks!