Quirky books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Mayvin • Aug 4, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I saw a book club being advertised where the organizer only read really Quirky books like "inside the mind of a cereal killer" ect... and I thought it was a bit strange although there is a part of me that is curious to know their thought process ( their tricks and ploys) to stay one step a head of them. Does anyone like books like that or would want to read a book like that?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your post is unclear. Do you mean serial killer? Quirky usually means weird, cute and fun, not books about gruesome murders. So your post threw me off.
    The words you are looking for are "true crime" books, not quirky. If you had a friend with purple hair and a weird sense of humor, you could probably call her quirky ,meaning she's unconventional.
    Yes, I do read quirky books like Tom Robbins books or David Sedaris books. Books that are odd and funny and have quirky characters.

There's nothing quirky about serial killers and I wouldn't join a book club devoted to books about them.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I think you meant 'Psychological Thriller' books. Quirky definitely doesn't describe 'serial killers' or 'mind' or 'thought process'. It's definitely Psychological Thrillers. And yes, psycho thrillers are my favorite genre of either books or movies and i read those kinds of books all the time. It's exciting really, being in the mind of some mentally disturbed character. It fascinates me. I am weird or what? ;)

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it has been made clear that "Quirky" is not the term you meant to use to describe the type of books that have been mentioned here. Mystery stories, Psychological Thrillers maybe the storyline you are looking for. I recently read a few books writen by a Boston Attorney that are really good. I like his story line and the suspence in the story, the stories are about an Attorney in Boston and how he went from working in one of the top firms in the city to becoming involved in things he had no intention to get involved and how it helped him to change the type of attorney he was and the people he helped. The authors name is David Hosp.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, your all right I meant to say something more like psychological thrillers not "quirky". At times I do like get in the head of a character like that but not where its too graphic or anything. Its more for getting a heads up on how to protect myself and stay one step a head so to speak, not so much for the thrill of hearing all of the gory details.