Quitting Cigarettes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Nov 16, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never been trusting of the products and services in the past that claim to help you with quitting cigarettes like hypnotism or nicotine patches, but now that I've seen many of my friends quit it by using vaporizers, I'm thinking of giving it a shot. The only problem Is that the vaporizers they use require too much tinkering and maintenance which I personally am not too willing to go through, even tough they are the best alternative since anything less in build quality and requirements tend to be a bit more temporary.

That said, I'd love to hear what you guys know of vaporizers and which models would be the best and sturdiest but still require less maintenance. Alternatively, I'd also love to hear about what other products you guys might have used to quit cigarettes or even just the processes you went through.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that hypnotism works on certain kinds of people. It doesn't seem to work on me though. At the moment, the only reason that I would want to quit smoking is because of how expensive it is. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoy the experience. I got myself a vaporizer last year, and I still have it. It worked for a while, but I missed the smell of smoke/tobacco, and I missed that full cloud of smoke that puffs from your mouth when you puff on a real cigarette. But I can definitely see them helping other people to quit.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a smoker, but I know a lot of people who used to. They always tell me that kicking the habit was never easy. They tried a lot of things even those e-cigarettes that seem to be popular nowadays. I guess that it all boils down to the desire of the person to quit smoking. Without it, he or she will just go back to smoking every time.

4. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a non-smoker. My dad used to smoke and I have seen how he was able to quit smoking altogether. What he did every day was he would tell somebody that he would quit smoking. This would annoy his friends and my mom but he said it helped him keep track of what he was trying to do. He also used e-cigarettes, but this just transferred his addiction to an electronic device. He wanted to quit smoking for good--be it the real thing or otherwise. He just stuck with his method of telling people he'd quit smoking, and it worked out really well for him. He also started eating healthy, and according to him, this helped him have a clear mind all the time.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    As far as models and such, the first model that I was was an eGo-T. There are some in black and others in silver. Mine is silver. They charge pretty quickly, and they are legal to smoke in public establishments, even if some of these establishments are not aware of it. The vaping oils vary in flavor and some are simply scrumptious. I have tasted, caramel, coffee, strawberry, cherry, tobacco, banana - and that is all I can think of right now. All of these oils had nicotine in them, so I still get that nicotine buzz when I puffed on the vaporizer.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a new cigarette from Reynolds that simply heats tobacco rather than burn it. They call it the heat-not-burn cigarette, designed to be an alternative to traditional smoke. As to how effective it is, I really have no idea. I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing e-cigarettes. Although they can ward off nicotine addiction, the components are questionable. Maybe you can chew nicorette gum instead.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well I still haven't heard anything about them being able to prove that smoking e-cigarettes or vaping isn't actually more harmful than smoking real cigarettes is. I think that the answer lays with the type of vaping oil that one buys and smokes. There is the PG oil and the VG oil, both of which one can make themselves - or make a healthy mixture of for the sake of getting their preferred taste.

I have not vaped in a long time. It would always make me need to blow my nose.

8. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I am a smoker -- I have cut back quite a bit considering I was pregnant and I didn't go back to smoking as heavy as I was before -- but I have used vaporizers in the event that I was unable to have tobacco. Once you get used to them -- because they do 'hit' differently they are quite effective in assuaging your need for tobacco products.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    I really don't know what it is but I cannot stick with mine. I mean it works, and I get a nicotine hit from it. But I just don't like the experience on the whole, if I am being honest. I always find that after a long time of not using it, if I do happen to take a hit from it, then I will always cough. It is so strange. Real smokes don't hit my throat in a way that makes me cough, but the vaping always does. It makes me have to blow my nose all the time too. A real inconvenience.