Quiznos - the best and (sometimes) worst

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gussie • Aug 31, 2012.

1. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    We don't have a Quizno's anywhere near us, so when we travel we like to stop there to pick up a sandwich. We routinely travel in North Georgia/Southern Tennessee, and along this corridor there are several Quizno's.

Our stop is usually on I-24 just north of Chattanooga, and they have consistently been helpful and prepared really good sandwiches and salads. They are located at a gas station stop, so they are quite convenient for travellers.

One time we passed that exit, and went on thru Chattanooga and headed South on I-75 into Georgia. At the first Georgia exit there is a Quiznos. We stopped there and had our good lunch - and wanted to try some of their other sandwiches, so we ordered two to go. We got home, only to find that they had not put the sauce on either sandwich! A chicken sandwich without the BBQ sauce and Ranch sauce doesn't taste all that special.

I contacted the company, who diverted me to a mailbox to record my complaint. It took a week to get a call back from them, and they told me to expect a call from that store's manager. A couple of weeks went by, and I called them again; again I was told the manager would call me back. A couple more weeks passed, and I was getting - shall we say aggravated? I called them again, and a regional manager returned my call within a day or so. He said he would talk to the manager and have him call me. Well, nope, that manager didn't call. As he directed, I called the regional manager again. Okay, you get the idea. Basically, all I wanted was a little courtesy, maybe a couple of coupons, for the aggravation, but instead I got a royal runaround and nothing.

Needless to say - when you go to Quizno's, be sure to watch them fix your food to be sure everything is on it - and DON'T go to the one at Georgia Exit 1 if you're getting it to go!

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    You think that they would have at least sent you something for your problems. We got a couple coupons from a company that botched our food order after I complained.
    We have a similar problem with our local Subway stores. They have all been bought up by the same family it seems as I see one a few of the same people from store to store working.
    Some of them are better employees than others. I always watch to see what they are doing with my food.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised. We really like Quiznos sandwhiches and it has been awhile since we had one. Our local one is really good and so far have had no problems with them. It is good to know that they are not all the same. I was surprised at the regional manager. He should have handled it himself right then and there. That is just bad customer service, plain and simple.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to live near a Quiznos before I moved. I remember when they put it there. I tried it a few times to see what the hype was about. My final judgement is that Subway is better.

5. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of Quiznos to begin with. We got our first Quiznos in our city a few years ago, and it is still the only one in the area. I tried the food once but the service and the quality of food just didn't make a good impression with me. I would rather have Cousin's subs or Jimmy Johns subs over Quiznos. Maybe instead of calling, you could write a letter to the corporate office and inform them what happened. I did this once and received a few free food coupons in the mail a couple weeks later.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like Quiznos so far and has never had a problem with them yet. But I always find myself going back to subways. Subways has the bread that I like there and the kind of meat I like and then sometimes I get them with a coupon and that keeps me going back for more.

7. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    The Subways in our area have gotten progressively skimpy with the toppings, and the bread is large - but bread is not a big part of an Atkins diet (hahaha). I have ordered their salads, but around here Subway does the same skimpy toppings on them, too, and their processed sandwich meats don't do much for me.

In the Southeastern US, most Publix stores make subs at their deli, and they are quite good, also! Better breads (their whole wheat is rich and dark), the option of the Boar's Head brand meats... very nice!

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    While I like the toasted subs from Quizmos I tend to prefer Subway and/or Jimmy John's. Of course, I generally just make my own sub at home since I get more for a lot less.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That's odd, they often ask me if I want sauce on it or not when I go there. There used to be one right next to my work place, so I was going there on a regular basis. I like their sandwiches, and really like their roasted red pepper sauce. I like their bread too, the sandwiches hold their shape. Every time I go into Subway, they keep smashing the sandwiches flat when they cut them. I do like Jimmy Johns a little better though because they are faster with their orders. The employees at Subway and Quiznos always seem jaded and lethargic.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That's really unfortunate. I think it's definitely more about that particular store and manager than it is about Quiznos. The other managers obviously cared and tried to put you in touch with the one you needed. He just wasn't following through with his own responsibilities, which can happen anywhere. I won't be going to that one, though, that's for sure!

11. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Too bad. Usually when something goes wrong with a product I purchase (food, candy, etc.) the company jumps through hoops to fix the problem. I once found sour worms in my sour patch kids. I contacted Kraft just to let them know... And they sent me coupons for two bags of sour patch kids.

I figure if you were local, you would have had less problems getting a refund or getting some sort of compensation for the store screwing up.

12. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    I love quiznos. The subs are good,but I prefer their honey mustard salad and the flatbread sammy. It was filling and doesnt leave you feeling bloated and disgusting like so many fast food restaurants will. The price was great for this special and it was my number one choice for lunch time 2 times a week when I worked. I've been without a job for over a year now and haven't eaten there in a long time. My experiences eating at Quiznos were always great!

13. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    You should always watch your food being prepared and at Quizno's you can see it the entire time so this is partially your fault. They should know how to make a sandwich but you should also be paying attention to how your food is being prepared. And then why would you go through that entire process instead of just contacting that store directly. I think you turned a mole hill into a mountain and this may have been resolved a lot easier if you took a different approach.