Radiation Protection

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Tina122321 • Mar 6, 2016.

1. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    Do you use anything to protect yourself from radiation while using your cell phone, tablet or lap top? Are you worried about radiation protection? I'm extremely sensitive to it. We had to move where we charge our cell phones at night away from our bed. It was making me feel like I was burning, like a really bad sun burn. Ever since then my fingers burn if I text too long or do other things requiring me to use the touch screen on my phone a lot. It's almost like nerve damage. There are some products that claim to protect you from the radiation but other people say they are fakes. Have you tried any radiation protection products? How well did they work?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I've never tried using any radiation protection products. I have heard of the Screen Shield which aims to cut exposure to radiation in laptops. However, quality of graphics might be diminished by this product. Then, there's the Computer Pad aiming to remove heat generated by the laptop away from our body.

One product I'm excited to try is the Zercom EMF absorber, you just set it beside your laptop and it absorbs radiation. It's such a very convenient and effective product based on online reviews. Plus, it's only twenty dollars. I'm hoping to get one of this in the next few days.

Of course, some other ways of ensuring that you aren't exposed too much to radiation is using your laptop when it's not plugged in. This way, 50% of the radiation exposure is reduced.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also don't use any radiation protection on my devices right now but I'm also extremely concerned about the radiation my family and I are exposed to every time we use our gadgets. I used to have a radiation protector on my desktop screen before but I've never tried anything with my laptop and other devices.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't use any products to prevent radiation, actually, it doesn't seem to concern me, since nothing adverse has happened to me yet. I wear eyeglasses though, so that might help with the radiation.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since nothing adverse has happened to you yet? Lol. That is what happens - it builds up over time, and then you suffer in those later years in life. It is like diet too. We eat stuff for years that are bad for us, and our bodies don't react straight away, but with years of build up we often develop intolerances to foods that we could eat before - yet they were foods that our bodies never agreed with. At the same time, there is a lot of differing opinions on radiation and it effects.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before the smart phone came along, there was this thin card that is soft like gelatin that is installed inside the cellphone. It blocks the radiation emitted by the phone, that is according to the blurb. My husband bought one for me to test. But I don't feel anything unusual or different. Now that I'm using a smart phone, I guess that soft card is still inside my old phone which is in our storage already.

Honestly, I think that is just a scam because there is no proof that radiation is emitted by the phone.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be fair - although “ your smartphone may be killing you “ has been a popular media topic for several decades - radiation from electronic devices is not something that I'm particularly concerned about.

For the simple reason - that not only is there is no solid scientific evidence to substantiate any of the claims related to the small amount of low frequency/low intensity radiation emitted from cell phones, laptops etc - leading to or resulting in cancer, any other disease or in fact that they are harmful to humans any way - but it is a myth that has been debunked many times over.

In fact to put it into perspective - bearing in mind that radiation comes in multiple forms and most objects we encounter on a daily basis all contain some naturally occurring radioactive atoms and therefore - its only radiation that has enough energy to damage DNA that we need to worry about - a good example of which would be - the ultra violet rays from the sun - which as they are at least over 400,000 times more energetic than those emitted from electronic devices - there is way more concern about protection from the sun than there is regarding the possibility of radiation exposure from cell phones, laptops etc.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well I have been using cellphones, PC monitors and TV's for many years now, and nothing adverse has happened to me yet, so maybe radiation from electronic devices isn't really that harmful like what gata montes said. It was debunked many times already too, so I think we only should just be wary of the sun's UV rays.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like many people don't use anything to protect me from radiation.Most electronic devices emit enough harmful radiation to negatively impact your health. I don't know about CRTs for those who still use them. I heard rumors that radiation from CRT monitors and TVs was harmful.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that there is definitely something to it. There is definitely something to pending a lot of time around computers. It has been shown that people who spend a lot of time around computer radiation are more prone to things like anemia and such, which I battle with. I spend almost all of my time around computers and around my phone, but I don't make that many calls on my phone.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Have you tried comparing your symptoms to your other friends or family members who also spend a lot of time in front of the PC/TV? Do they have the same symptoms? I think the common adverse effect of those screens is to only give you a blurred eyesight.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure radiation damage from cellphones and the like has ever been proven conclusively. I am a lot more worried about the radiation levels in our lake than my cellphone, laptop etc. The lake is a cooling resevoir for a nuclear plant, anyway.. What I do worry about though is typing so much, I wear my fingerprints off!

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have never compared it to other family members, but it will be different in any event, because everyone's body chemistry is different. As far as menstruation goes, some women lose more blood than others. But none of that is to say that computer radiation does not play a part in the anemia. I have talked to other friends about this and they have concurred.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I'm not exactly sure if radiation causes anemia, but I guess it's a case to case basis. I think I will only be convinced when the studies do confirm it. After all, people have been exposed to PC's/cellphones for so long, so there must be some noticeble adverse effects seen in the general public by now if it was indeed harmful.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    From the experiences that I have had, it does seem as though spending a lot of time around computers encourages an enviroment where anemia would flourish. Of course, not everybody is going to have had that experience, or feel the urge to take precautions unless it is confirmed by people who they consider to be reputable..Still, it is important to be mindful of it.

16. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I guess my Catholic upbringing (DENY-DENY-DENY!) doesn't yet recognize "radiation" as 'a real thing.':p

Reminds me on something I saw on that SHOWTIME documentary-show

, where they had a segment about 'people who were so sensitive to wireless-signals that they had to move somewhere where wireless didn't reach.'

You can find out

. I'm not going to read much more about it, because I get the feeling that it's 'one of those affectations that you only feel if you're really trying to' :cool: (so I use the good ol` Catholic cure---DENY-DENY-DENY!)

17. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I am sensitive to radiation or em waves too. If I accidentally leave my phone near my bed, I get a headache. This is the reason why I use softphones and speakers all the time, although some conversations require headphones.

So far that is the only thing that I have done to protect myself - keeping devices away from my head as much as possible. I mean I don't have any problems with my tab though, just with the phone.

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy or make use of a screen protector for my laptop, cellphones and tablet. I personally bought a screen protector for my current laptop while the screen protector I had for my mobile phones and tablet were already included in their package from the moment I purchased them. I am planning to switch to tempered glass for my smaller gadgets. My mobile phone and tablet protectors are too slippery to use.

19. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, that's one of the reasons not to use them. Its a dilemma really, whether I want to keep things safe or keep them looking great. I mean I have seen people use those rubber protection things to protect phones, but I don't like them.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried any type of radiation protection. Frankly, there has been lots of talk about the possible danger of radiation from the use of cell phone laptops and other related devices. However up till now there has not been any conclusive evidence that the danger is real. I am not discounting that the danger could be real but I am waiting to see the see the evidence that it really is.