Rakuten

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Jan 22, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have any of you shopped at Global Rakuten? There are some good prices on there but I'm a bit wary of pulling the trigger. The shipping costs are reasonable with their half price scheme but I think the customs bill would negate any savings.

#1Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of them before so will have to check out their website. I have only ordered products with international shipping a couple of times and it was several years ago. The times I did, they included customs charges in with the shipping cost total. I would maybe see if they have a customer service email address and send an email asking if they do combine them or will the customs charges be separate. If separate, ask them for an estimate as to how much it would be on a certain product just so you can get an idea of what it might be.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of them until a few days ago. It's the biggest retail outlet in Japan. I would describe it as the Japanese equivalent of eBay, judging by my short experience of it. They plan to expand to new countries, the UK version is coming soon.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Cool, a Japanese store! A friend will love this. The prices seem a little high, though. What shipping methods do they offer? Is registered airmail too expensive?