Random Kindness

Discussion in Misc & Others started by TPhoenix • Oct 28, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    My faith always gets restored for humanity when I see people looking out for others or displaying some sort of kindness or care. Saturday night when I went to buy food for my younger sister and I to eat, I was waiting for a small burger I bought at McDonalds and some random guy that was ordering something beside me offered me a monolopy coupon for a small fries which I accepted with much appreciation. It's nice to see people like this around. How often do you experience random kindness from strangers?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not lots of times. Where I live what you'd call kindness is something normal. People share the extra stuff they have. It's a small community so people must stick together so that when the hard times come, you won't need to ask for help, neighbors will swarm in to help. Anyway while living in some city several years back I did help a few people though no one ever was kind to me.

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I would say I'm on the opposite end. I have a soft spot for poor people. My heart breaks every time I see children lying in the streets, begging for money just to buy food and water to survive the day. I can only imagine what they're going through. Makes me wish sometimes that we live in an ideal world. But the reality is way different and we just have to live with it.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have had people be kind to me a couple of times. Once when I was younger I was in between jobs and counting change at the grocery store. I didn't know if I was going to have enough to pay for what I had in my basket...I was a few dollars short. The person behind me gave me some cash to cover the remaining balance. At first I said no thank you but he insisted. It was very appreciated.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hope this has made you want to do the same. Kindness comes from the heart, I have received and given. It's not only giving, but letting someone with a few items at the checkout go first, or letting a senior have the last seat even if you are tired. People are not all selfish, but society has become selfish in the "what's in it for me?" mentality.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    This is clearly how good karma is attracted by those who deserve it. It feels to good receiving such random acts of kindness in the same way it feels good to be doing the same thing. The universe has a strange way or giving equalizing and rewarding people. I remember receiving a random act of kindness when a some friend of a friend, who is not even close to me gave me and my son free tickets to a theme park. Just like that. Those were beyond our budget but someone was kind enough to give us a treat we did not expect for nothing in return.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, not lots of times. I actually think that so many people can do things for themselves, but they are just too lazy to do those things. One time, I tried to help a coworker do something. She ended up asking me to do everything for her. I mean instances like this one make me lose faith in people. Some just take advantage of others because they know that they are willing to extend kindness.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well when a Chinese Ebay seller learned that I had to pay taxes when I bought a new phone, he offered to refund half of the amount I paid in customs. Well, he has a high markup on his phones that's why he was able to do that, but I'm grateful anyway. Then another random guy accompanied me to get to my destination safely even if it was out of his way already since I got lost. May God bless these kind people.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I live in a big city, I still see random kindness. Last week a senior woman didn't have enough to pay for the food she wanted. The next woman in line (she was in front of me), paid for the woman's entire purchase with her credit card. The senior was so appreciative and promised to pay it forward.

I ran across a blind guy trying to find his doctor's office. It was on my way so I just walked the guy right into the office. He was late, but they promised to see him.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I come from, it is quite normal for people to look out for each other, especially when times are difficult. It's not just about helping out with food or services, but also about offering encouragement and comforting words, especially during times of personal hardship. I am glad that I come from such a background, as it has had a big impact on me. I have traveled in many countries, and I have seen it everywhere. People actually do have a tendency to help and look out for each other, which is contrary to what the media is trying to make you believe.