Raw Dog Food Suggestions

Discussion in Pets started by Dame6089 • Jun 5, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    My dog has been having stomach issues, so I'm considering switching over to a raw dog food to see if that helps. The things is, I don't know where to start with this. First off, can puppies even eat raw food? He is only 6 months old. Also, what brand do you recommend if you also use raw food?

If anyone has any suggestions, it would greatly help. And if there is a site that you would reccomend to save some money, that would be great too because I know these foods can be expensive.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Dogs are originally from the wild prior to domestication. Ideally, they should be fed on raw food though the advent of fire and domestication changed that. Anyway, I have found dogs to be poor vegetarians when it comes to raw food but you can't go wrong with avocados. In fact, dogs like them like the way they love meat products. You can also toss some ripe bananas into the mix but remember to oil them to increase palatability. As is common knowledge, raw meat works best and since your dogs are puppies, feed them on soft tissues like lungs and tripe. These are quite cheap and nutritious.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We stopped giving our dogs canned dog food except for breakfast. The availability of canned dog food is an issue so we shifted to cooked food for our dogs. When the craze of raw food hit our country, many friends have tried giving their dogs raw chicken meat. But sooner than expected, they stopped feeding raw food to their dogs because it is unsanitary aside from the bad breath that developed in their dogs. Cooking food is not just for the taste but also to kill the potential microbes in the meat. Why not boil the chicken meat before feeding it to your dog?

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I understand why pet owners feed raw food to their dogs but I personally think it's not only a risk factor but also more expensive. If you cook a meal, you can just set aside a portion for your dog. Meat or fish will do but you can add a snack of kibbles or whatever your dog likes. If you really want, though, just buy fresh pork cuts (beef is more expensive). Dogs don't really eat fresh fish unlike cats.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    My dog loves raw meat.......any kind of meat. However i try to feed him mostly dry food as it helps keephis teeth cleaner.